• July 30, 2021 at 5:10 am #3800
    Dylan PratherDylan Prather
    Participant

Great software! I find the pencil tools really good and easy to make good drawings with. I find the x sheet sometimes hard during some of the animations I’m making as I, and a lot of people, have gotten used to or learned animation with a horizontal timeline. TVPaint (paid), Opentoonz, and even blender are all software with horizontal timelines that would be good to look at if you have any extra time! (however opentoonz you have to select the timeline). I will almost definitely buy this software when it releases with or without the horizontal timeline simply because of how good it is!

July 30, 2021 at 5:41 am #3801
    Participant

To add to my suggestions could you maybe add the feature to zoom with the mouse scroll wheel with ctrl + scroll or just scroll. Again this is a really great program and if you reject these I will probably still buy it!

July 30, 2021 at 9:18 am #3802
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Dylan, thanks a lot for your suggestions. Appreciated.

I know the vertical timeline is somewhat controversial – and I know most other software use a horizontal one. The reason it is vertical in Animation Paper is that is based on the traditional exposure sheet (X-Sheet). This has definite advantages.

I am not apposed to implementing a horizontal version of the X-sheet and make it the direction user optional. This is on our list of features for the future – but for now we have other functionality that must be prioritised, such as all the coloring features, etc.

The scroll wheel zooming is on our todolist for a release during this alpha stage. 🙂

Cheers,
    Niels

July 30, 2021 at 9:53 pm #3803
    Participant

Thank you for clarifying this to me, if the horizontal timeline isn’t added by release I wouldn’t be opposed to trying and getting used to the xsheet as they aren’t too unsimilar, and I’m sure it’s the same for others. And I’m so glad scroll zoom is being added too! This software is shaping up to be a really great program!

July 30, 2021 at 10:40 pm #3804
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thank you very much 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.