• August 1, 2021 at 1:46 am #3805
    Ivan PacakIvan Pacak
    Participant

Hey there, I don’t know if this is the correct place to ask this, but recently I downloaded plastic animation paper, and whenever I try to open it, it presents me with a message saying: Unable to initialize PAP. possibly wrong projects_path.cfg file. Please edit projects_path.cfg to point at an existing PAP projects directory or reinstall PAP.
    what do I do?

August 1, 2021 at 10:06 am #3806
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Ivan,

First of all, I want to make sure you ACTUALLY want to use Plastic Animation Paper, which is an old predecessor to Animation Paper? Animation Paper is MUCH better and robust even though it is still under development. So sign up for the alpha pre-release of Animation Paper here: https://animationpaper.com/#HowMuch – it is free too. You will receive the download link right away.

PAP is 25 years old – last line of code was written over 15 years ago. So if it works on modern systems it is amazing and frankly pure luck. πŸ˜‰ But about the problem you ask about: Did you check if the projects_path file is pointing correctly? Alternatively you can just install it again, to make it set up correctly automatically.

But again, just drop PAP and get AP! πŸ˜‰

Best,
    Niels

October 30, 2021 at 7:29 am #4019
    George MasonGeorge Mason
    Participant

Am I too old? I’m a Windows 7 computer and I cannot for the bytes of me get looverly-looking Animation Paper to install. “Error: Missing .dll” is all I get at the end of the installation gizmo. I really, really, really, really REALLY hope I can install this on my ancient bits and bytes because I really love what I see looking out from my view screen. Animation Paper looks like the answer to my animation drools. But, alas, after 15 tries, I’m going to have to give up before I burn me little processor out trying. (Sniff.) Any help will be greatly appreciated. (I know, I know, I need to retire, but my chief key puncher person is one of those starving artists and cannot (yet) afford to replace me. (Whew!) I overheard him say he needs a new car first, way more. (So, ahhhh, my loosening those bolts and draining the oil dry has been working! Hahahahahaha *evil laugh*) Can I please get some love so I can keep on keeping on a few more years…months…days??

October 30, 2021 at 8:33 pm #4020
    Keymaster

Dear Windows 7 computer,

You are not old, just experienced! πŸ˜‰ You have a wise mind peeping out behind your probably not so high res view screen. πŸ™‚

I do believe you should be able to run our software, but I need you to tell me a little more about your self! πŸ˜‰

Are you are 64 bit or 32 bit system? If you are 32, did you try the 32 bit version af Animation Paper?

Also we have a portable (zip) version, maybe you will appreciate that one better?

Even though you are not the youngest sprinter type in town, please take a little nice and easy stroll to this place (you have been there before): https://animationpaper.com/download-pre-release/ – then download what you like best!

… Thanks for your very funny message George – I hope the above helps. Maybe you already did try this? Please let me know and we’ll get to the bottom of this.Β Thanks for being so interested in AP!

Best,
    Niels

October 31, 2021 at 12:38 am #4021
    George MasonGeorge Mason
    Participant

OH JOY! Thank you for getting back to me. I am very pleased. I know you are busy busy.

OK, I’m a 64 bit system. I am going to turn off my WebRoot firewall first (again) and then try installing the 64 bit, bit. Thank you again! Circuits–er–fingers crossed.

BTW, I really like the look and feel of what I am seeing in demo’s so far. AP looks super straight forward in ease of use. Now I haven’t gotten into it myself as yet so this is off the cuff, but I have researched a lot of animation programs, and I really like the “paper” look and feel–as if I am sitting here at my desk actually drawing on paper (…hence the name, right? LOL.) But seriously, I am so excited and pleased to try it out. It looks so worth the install efforts.

I’ll let you know.

Again, thank you for getting back to me. I sincerely appreciate it.

G.

October 31, 2021 at 1:24 am #4022
    George MasonGeorge Mason
    Participant

WOO HOOOOOO!!!!! Can you hear me all the way around the globe???!!!! I did it! WE did it!!! It’s there and I’m in!!! (Weeping with joy.)

Words cannot express how pleased I am. Now I shall animate like a mad man and give you feedback.

Thank you once again. You ROCK.

October 31, 2021 at 1:26 pm #4023
    Keymaster

Alright!! I’m glad it finally worked for you! Was it the portable version that did the trick?

I will look forward to your feedback! Thank you so much!

Enjoy,
    Niels

November 1, 2021 at 7:54 am #4028
    George MasonGeorge Mason
    Participant

Yes, it was the zip file, actually. Side like a charm. Thank you two much!

November 1, 2021 at 10:51 pm #4030
    Keymaster

You are most welcome!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.