• March 13, 2021 at 5:11 pm #3533
    Luna RequestTimeoutLuna RequestTimeout
    Participant

I signed up for testing out the Alpha version and I met 2 problems when downloading.

1 is that it took me 3 times to download and redownload the .exe file to successfully set it up. It seemed to have failed to find the destination in which it needs to install to.

2 is more like a question of whether we can custom where to install the file and have shorts cuts or not.

Hope to get a reply soon~

March 13, 2021 at 7:02 pm #3536
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks for mentioning this Luna.

I am not sure I understand what you are saying exactly. You had to download Animation Paper three times – because it failed to find the destination it needs to install to? It doesn’t make sense to me. Could you try to describe it more – does the installation process display any errors or warnings?

Yes, you are free to install Animation Paper where ever you want. Default is in your program files folder, but you can just change that when you install.

Almost all functionality has keyboard shortcuts. It’s a good idea to memorise your most important tools and features – take a look at the shortcuts here: https://animationpaper.com/animation-paper-keyboard-shortcuts-for-pc/

In the current alpha version (alpha 3) it is not yet possible to customise the shortcuts. But it will soon be – with one of the following alpha releases.

Let me know about your question 1 and if you have anything else.

Cheers,
    Niels

March 14, 2021 at 4:09 pm #3538
    Luna RequestTimeoutLuna RequestTimeout
    Participant

Thanks for answering my questions!

For question 1, I download the .exe file to open and set it up, however, after I agreed with the terms and start the setups it displays an error in installing the file which I think is more likely to be unable to access where it needs to download even though the program could also having trouble setting it up in the first place. I don’t have any screenshots though because the problem fixes itself the third time I redownload it. But I thought I should mention it in case anything happens to future installations again. 🙂

March 14, 2021 at 5:35 pm #3539
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

OK, thanks for explaining. It does download in one go and once you get to installation, it just installs – it doesn’t download anything extra. Anyway, I’m glad it works for you now.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.