• April 8, 2020 at 7:43 am #2292
    LeafLeaf
    Participant

I registered for the alpha release here: https://animationpaper.com/register-pre-release/
    Got a key in my inbox quickly. Installed the alpha release (windows 7 64bit here) and returns “invalid license” when I hit OK to continue. A bit clueless on what to do. Thanks!

April 8, 2020 at 1:15 pm #2302
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

I’ve checked and the license server is running smoothly. It should just work. Could you try again? You do not need to go through the whole process – just paste the key in again and click OK.

April 8, 2020 at 6:51 pm #2307
    LeafLeaf
    Participant

I tried again just now with the key in my email: “The server returned an invalid license”

April 11, 2020 at 9:53 am #2371
    Keymaster

Sorry for my slowness – I only saw you answer just now. 🙂

That doesn’t make much sense to me. It should work. Strange. What if you try to register again?

April 11, 2020 at 7:58 pm #2380
    LeafLeaf
    Participant

I just tried to register with the same email and user name, and it also gave me the same code. Same result as before though. Maybe I should try a different email / name? I wasn’t sure if the name has to be exactly the same as my user name here on the forum.

April 12, 2020 at 9:38 am #2397
    Keymaster

Yes, if you have a spare email please try that too. The name you can keep 😉

It’s not that there is anything wrong with your email 🙂 I just want to rule out various things. Maybe the way our license server connects with your computer is strange for some reason.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Niels.
    April 14, 2020 at 3:22 am #2452
    LeafLeaf
    Participant

I can’t send the original message I typed here for some reason. Is there a character limit?

Tried making a 2nd account with a different email: same result

Maybe I signed up too late? As you say here:
    “Missed this post within time? You are still very welcome to sign up anyway, then you will be on the list for Alpha 2.”

Or maybe I downloaded a bad version? I had to google to find the link for the alpha version on this site. It’s hard to find through the site’s navigation.

If you want, I can try installing wireshark to look at what it sends and receives.

April 14, 2020 at 12:20 pm #2454
    Keymaster

OK, thanks for trying with a second email.

Well, signing up after the update goes out (via email) will just make you miss that one update. You will get the email for the next update. But registering for a license is a completely other system, not related, so it should work.

You are not supposed to find it 🙂 You’ll get the correct download link in the email I am sending out. Next time we plan to email with an update should be within a week from now.

No need to investigate further now. But thanks! We are looking into it.

April 14, 2020 at 9:40 pm #2473
    LeafLeaf
    Participant

Haha! Okay, I shall wait. Good to know that I was too early and the server is not broken. 🙂 I got a bit too eager to try it out! Thank you for making such a nice animation program, looking forward to it!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.