• August 29, 2020 at 8:39 pm #3062
    Edmundo RochaEdmundo Rocha
    Participant

I’m totally new here, so it might be a dumb question. Is your program compatible with digital drawing table on pc? The question is because my drawings on the mouse are inaccurate. I don’t know if it’s my disability, my mouse or your program (probably the first option). Whatever the case, I think the table would be a good option. That’s why I asked.

August 30, 2020 at 10:32 am #3068
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

No questions are dumb! Yes, Animation Paper is best when used with a drawing tablet. It is compatible with most tablets (like Wacom, Huion, etc) – and if somebody experiences problems with some particular tablet, we need to know about it, so we can make it work for all. That’s one of the important reasons for this pre-release (alpha/beta) period.

Drawing with a mouse is definitely not easy (not really possible) – if you want proper results. Also you don’t have pressure sensitivity with a mouse.

So a drawing tablet is definitely recommended!

Cheers,
    Niels

September 2, 2020 at 6:37 pm #3080

When can we get the full version.. I’m excited to make AnimationPaper my main drawing software… xD

September 3, 2020 at 10:13 pm #3081
    Keymaster

Hi Xander, Animation Paper will slowly and gradually develop into the full version, as we implement the last remaining features and fix any bugs and problems. When we can call it finished is hard to say. In fact it will never truly be finished, because after the “final” release, we will of course continue to improve it and release future upgraded versions.

But if you really want some ballpark date, my guess is late this year/early next year. Let’s see how it goes. 🙂

January 5, 2021 at 9:40 pm #3403
    sawyer flemingsawyer fleming
    Participant

when i try drawing on animation paper with huion 13 pro it draws off to the right like 2 inches and when I put it in full screen it makes it crash but only on tablet not on main monitor, but it works fin on normal monitor

January 5, 2021 at 11:45 pm #3404
    Keymaster

Thanks for mentioning this Sawyer.

This is a known issue, that we need to fix. It has to do with the setup of monitors if you have two or more monitors connected (the Huion counts as a monitor). As far as I understand, the offset problem only happens when the monitors are set up in Windows to be above each other (as opposed to side by side).

Maybe you could check this for me? Are your monitors set up above each other? Does the cursor offset problem go away with side by side setup?

Please let me know. This will help us find the problem and fix it properly.

Best,
    Niels

January 18, 2021 at 9:10 am #3424
    Theo AllenTheo Allen
    Participant

I just got a XP-Pen Artist 12 Pro drawing tablet with screen . It’s just great playing round with Animation Paper (and I use also Clip Studio Paint).

January 18, 2021 at 7:56 pm #3427
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing that Theo!

October 13, 2023 at 10:43 am #6048
    qian shouqian shou
    Participant

pen tablet for animation is better than with a mouse, especially in animation paper program.

I’ve been illustrating and animating with a drawing tablet for more than a decade. When my Wacom broke a few years back, I switched to the much cheaper Huion tablets and haven’t looked back.

So much more natural to draw on a tablet and your infinitely faster and more accurate with even simple menu/navigation functions. Hope this helps.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by qian shou.
    October 13, 2023 at 1:29 pm #6051
    Keymaster

Thanks for your insight Qian!

February 16, 2024 at 4:07 pm #6426
    Bert HochmillerBert Hochmiller
    Participant

Animation Paper Alpha 8 is not compatible with current Huion tablets and drivers on Windows (11). Pressure sensitivity is not working.
    No problems on a mac with same configuration.

February 16, 2024 at 10:29 pm #6430
    Keymaster

Hi Bert, thanks for letting us know. As a workaround, could you please try this and let me know if it helps:

Find the file “qt.conf” (probably here C:\Program Files\Animation Paper\qt.conf). Delete it or rename it (to save it). Then launch Animation Paper again.

This will force Animation Paper to use Windows Ink – which should give you pressure sensitivity.

Thanks,
    Niels

February 16, 2024 at 11:17 pm #6431
    Bert HochmillerBert Hochmiller
    Participant

The workaround  is working fine.

February 18, 2024 at 8:49 am #6432
    Keymaster

OK, great – thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags