• June 6, 2024 at 10:32 pm #6686
    JalenR11JalenR11
    Participant

Hi, when I tried installing the non Zip version of Animation Paper, there was an installation error that said something in the installation was corrupt. I uninstalled the software and tried reinstalling it again and then it was able to open. However, when I used the tablet it was a bit slow at times and when I tried to click on the menu options at the top of the program with the tablet, the drop down options did not appear like they should. However, when I used the touchpad, the menu options worked fine. I used the tablet before on the previous version and the menu options worked fine, but with Alpha 8.1 they did not.

I also tried opening and closing the software, but when I tried to reopen the software on the desktop more than once by double clicking on the program’s icon, it kept showing more than one popup window and then the software opened afterward. I do not have any images of this but tried to explain.

I also tried uninstalling the software again and even updated the tablet, computer, and restarted it. Then I installed the program again but instead of installing the non Zip file, I installed the Zip file to see if it would work. When I extracted the file and clicked on Animation paper, it showed a popup window with a warning and mentioned something about the GStreamer. Then the software opened and I had the same issues that were mentioned with the menu options at the top and the speed when using the tablet.

Here is a screenshot of the warning message:

The Warning error

That has not happened before when I downloaded previous versions.

PC is HP Envy x360 2in1 Laptop

Windows 11 Home is the Operating system

Animation Paper is Alpha 8.1

Thank you and to all involved with Animation Paper. Its a wonderful program.

June 6, 2024 at 10:52 pm #6687
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thank you very much for this detailed information JalenR11. Much appreciated. You have already helped us a lot finding out what is wrong here. I’ll discuss this with Frederik, our lead programmer, and see what he finds.

Thanks again!

June 6, 2024 at 10:56 pm #6688
    JalenR11JalenR11
    Participant

You are very welcome 🙂 I want to do my best to help in some way. Okay, thank you as well.

June 16, 2024 at 10:22 pm #6726
    JalenR11JalenR11
    Participant

Hi, I recently installed the software again and made a comment on another post that was similar to some of the problems I facing with the menu options in the software when using the tablet. When I open the software, it still shows a pop up window that disappears fast and then the software opens. Did the team find anything and if so will there be another installer if it becomes resolved? Thank you.

June 17, 2024 at 9:16 am #6728
    Keymaster

We haven’t been able to fully understand this or find anything yet. Interesting with the window quickly appearing at startup. Hmmm…

June 18, 2024 at 1:38 am #6730
    JalenR11JalenR11
    Participant

Ok thank you. I sent a video to your email that demonstrates what happens after I clicked on the desktop icon to open Animation Paper.

June 18, 2024 at 8:50 am #6732
    Keymaster

Got it! Thank you!

June 19, 2024 at 3:38 am #6733
    JalenR11JalenR11
    Participant

you are welcome

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.