• April 19, 2021 at 7:05 pm #3565
    dharmadudedharmadude
    Participant

Hi there,

Absolutely in love with this software, thank you for building it.

The bug I have found is as follows:

Version Alpha 3.1

Macbook Air OS 10.13.6

Huion Kamvas Pro 13

I have not been able to replicate this as it happens randomly and for no apparent reason.

Sometimes, out of the blue, the lightbox will stop working.

I have to quit the application (saving first) and restart in order to reactivate the lightbox.

This happens at least once per session. Sometimes several times.

Also, once, the timeline at the bottom displayed one single frame when there are multiple. As soon as I touched the screen with the pen it corrected itself. Just an odd glitch I thought I’d mention.
    Anyway, keep up the good work!

I absolutely love this, thank you

April 20, 2021 at 8:31 am #3566
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Dharmadude!

Thanks very much being in love 🙂 and for using Animation Paper! And thanks a lot for this report of yours.

I am curious to find out if this could be caused by you accidentally hitting the shortcut for turning the lightbox on/off? The shortcut is Shift Space. If you use both Shift and Space frequently and rapidly could it be that you at some point hit both at the same time? Please let me know if this would be out of the question or not?

Your second issue with the timeline could potentially also be such a thing, I mean, did you know you can adjust the Range of frames that you see and work on? You adjust the Range by manipulating the bar below the timeline. You can set it so only one of your frames is visible out of many. Also adjusting the Range can be done using shortcuts, which are Cmd Arrow Left/Right for the Range Begin mark – and Shift Cmd Arrow Left/Right for the Range End mark. (For PC users, you use Ctrl in stead of Cmd).

Maybe these issues are due to actual bugs. Please let me know what you think! If they are actual bugs we need to investigate further and fix them of course.

Thanks a lot for your help! Vey much appreciated.
    Niels

April 20, 2021 at 2:08 pm #3567
    dharmadudedharmadude
    Participant

Hi Niels,

It is definitely a bug and I have noticed what is causing it.

I rarely use the keyboard shortcuts as the laptop remains on my desk while the tablet is on a standing platform allowing me to stand while I animate. I do however have a small number pad next to the tablet (I would love to be able to map this in the future but I digress)

Anyway, I have noticed the cause!

I use the sidebar to toggle the lightbox. And when I am too lazy to reach down to the laptop to flip the pages, I will instead flip pages with the timeline. It is this particular action that causes the lightbox to cease working. It will no longer toggle on and off after flipping drawings with the timeline and instead remains off, prompting a relaunch of the app (after saving the scene).

As for the other glitch I witnessed, that was just a once off. I think it was taking a minute to load the scene and it detected just one frame until it was fully loaded, so you can disregard that one.

I can send you a video of the bug I have found if you wish?

Hope this is helpful

April 20, 2021 at 10:48 pm #3569
    Keymaster

This is very helpfull indeed! Thank you so much.

I would love to get a video, but for now don’t bother, I don’t want to take too much of your time – I will try to see if I can replicate it my self using your excellent description. If I fail I might get back to you. 😉

Thanks again Dharmadude!

April 21, 2021 at 2:53 pm #3573
    dharmadudedharmadude
    Participant

No problem at all. Happy to help if I can.

Let me know if you need a video.

All the best

April 21, 2021 at 3:13 pm #3575
    Keymaster

Actually, I can’t seem to get it to do it here. So I would love a video, if you don’t mind?

Please sent your movie file, or a link to your file, to me by email. My email address is the one that your activation key got sent from.

Thanks a lot!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.