• May 28, 2020 at 1:30 pm #2910
    hevonenhevonen
    Participant

Hi,

I’d like to have solo layer on/off -feature (with hotkey) that would only show current layer when active and return to normal when inactive. This would be equivalent of toggling layer visibility per layer, but with a single keystroke instead of toggling buttons one by one (so it would also work with onion skinning).

This would be useful when cleaning up to check line quality and when doing animation in passes to check if important features are on arcs without sketchier draft layers getting in the way. Currently layer soloing is a bit tedious to do and therefore not often done by lazy people.

May 28, 2020 at 1:59 pm #2912
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks Hevonen! A solo layer hotkey is a good idea and would be easy to do.

However, the reason for you suggesting this, if I understand you correctly, is the problem with onion skinning at the clean up stage. All visible layers are included in the backlight. We actually recently addressed that, and have made an option to only backlight current layer. This is part of Alpha 3 coming in a few days.

Would that work for you as a good solution – or would you still miss the solo layer hotkey?

Cheers,
    Niels

May 28, 2020 at 2:42 pm #2916
    hevonenhevonen
    Participant

Hi, excellent and good news as that’s something I was going to wish for next!

It will diminish the need for this so I don’t know yet, sorry. I would think that ability to check things quickly in separation would still be useful, especially if animation is complicated with several layers of overlapping linework and hard to see without toggling layer visibilities.

May 28, 2020 at 3:30 pm #2918
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

I think you are right Hevonen. I’ll put the solo layer function and hotkey on our todo. Thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.