• September 16, 2022 at 9:04 am #4985
    Blair MashiroBlair Mashiro
    Participant

Can’t import any sort of audio file for some reason. Just gets stuck trying to load, though I can cancel at any time and nothing else seems to be effected. No loading progress no matter how long I wait, image attatched is how it looks.

September 16, 2022 at 9:12 am #4986
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks for reporting this Blair.

We will have to investigate this. First of all – what file-format are you trying to import? AP should be able to load mp3 or wav.

Did you get any errors when you installed AP?

Best,
    Niels

September 16, 2022 at 9:24 am #4987
    Participant

Thanks for responding quickly. I tried importing both mp3 and wav. Reinstalled AP, and it runs just like before, but running in a terminal I do see it’s having trouble loading gstreamer libraries. I should be able to set up the GST_PLUGIN_SCANNER env variable pretty easily. I’ll do that and see if this fixes it.

September 16, 2022 at 9:56 am #4988
    Participant

Looking at it again, it does seem to be finding the location of the gstreamer files, but for some reason isn’t loading them. Attatched a gif of the warnings it’s spitting out in the terminal, can’t get the output into a file of it’s own. If I do need to set GST_PLUGIN_SCANNER, I’m not sure what I would put in the variable. At first I thought I would give it a path to the files, but even then, it looks like they’ve been found already.

September 16, 2022 at 9:58 am #4989
    Participant

Gif isn’t loading, but the rest follow this pattern of ‘undefined symbol ‘. It looks like this is happening for most or all of the gstreamer files it’s trying to load.Forgot the gif

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Blair Mashiro. Reason: Can't load gif
    September 16, 2022 at 3:26 pm #4991
    Keymaster

OK, thanks a lot for this valuable information. I’ll speak with the programmers and get back to you!

Cheers,
    Niels

September 19, 2022 at 3:00 pm #5002
    Keymaster

Hi again Blair. We have confirmed this as a problem on our side. Thanks for giving us the heads up! We plan to have it fixed for next release.

Thanks again,
    Niels

September 19, 2022 at 8:51 pm #5008
    Participant

Looking forward to it, thanks for investigating the issue.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.