• December 2, 2020 at 5:26 am #3358
    c2cc2c
    Participant

Hello!

What graphic tablet would you recommend to a beginner?

By profession, I’m not a graphic designer. I want to use animation for the online classes as a replacement for the blackboard.

This tool seems fairly simple to use. But it is difficult to draw shapes with the mouse or using a trackpad. After a few google searches, I realize I would be needing a drawing tablet. There are so many options, I’m not able to figure out which one should I get!! I’m leaning towards ‘XP-Pen Deco01’.

Is there any defacto tablet suggested by this community?

Thanks.

December 2, 2020 at 6:02 pm #3359
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hello 🙂

I would go for a Wacom – even though other brands a good too. As long as it has pressure sensitivity you should be good.

The Wacoms are generally more expensive, but also much better in my experience. Many pro animators opt for a Wacom Cintiq (it has a build in screen), which is the VERY expensive solution. This is NOT needed in your case I would imagine. Any smaller Wacom would do just fine I would say. Preferably an A5 (medium) size.

Just my thoughts. Maybe others have better recommendations?

Best,
    Niels

January 9, 2021 at 11:27 pm #3406
    pierre sylvestrepierre sylvestre
    Participant

Hi
    I just got a Wacom Cintiq 16 tablet. It’s just great playing round with Animation Paper (and I use also Painter by Corel). I had other Wacom tablets (intuos) that I used to animate my short films before. You can get used to animate without looking at your ”paper” and look at the screen, but it’s sooooooo much easier and more fun looking actually at what you’re doing.It is a lot of $, but worth every dime!
    I was going for the Wacom One, which is similar… but a little smaller. Should be good too!

January 10, 2021 at 12:58 am #3408
    c2cc2c
    Participant

I went with Niels suggestion & got myself a medium size One by Wacom pen tablet.
    It was easy to get started with it. Just works out of the box.

Thank you folks for your suggestions.

January 10, 2021 at 12:00 pm #3410
    Keymaster

Good to hear C2C! Enjoy animating! 😉

January 20, 2021 at 9:24 pm #3443
    Daniel WanketDaniel Wanket
    Participant

Hi Niels,

This vertion is looking so beautiful, works really well, i remember when I bought my fisrt license. Quite a while ago love it then, love it noa!!

I recently bought a new Wacom intuos large paper edition.

Love it too. But this one has a touch switch so one hand can draw, and the other one can pan ,oom rotate.

But unfortunately it does not seem to work in Animation paper.it works in painter, and photoshop. So I know it works.. just a heads up! in stylus mode works great?

January 20, 2021 at 11:03 pm #3445
    Keymaster

Thanks Daniel. Yes, we know. We just haven’t come to that part yet. Support for gestures. It will come at some point during this alpha period.

Cheers,
    Niels

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.