• April 24, 2020 at 11:30 am #2586
    Dominic RaynerDominic Rayner
    Participant

I am noticing it doesn’t take long for file size to build up. Say you import some .png pencil sketches as reference, then a couple of drawing layers and as the number of keys increases, it doesn’t take too long for lag to start appearing in some functions e.g. pick up

I noticed there’s an unlimited number of undo’s and wonder if that stacks up memory?

This is with reference to the Alpha 1, so may no longer apply to v2

April 24, 2020 at 12:17 pm #2591
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Yes, this actually ONLY happens when (and because of) picking up (with lasso/cutter) and stamping numerous times. And ONLY if you do it numerous times in the same drawing or in copies of that problematic drawing.

You should get a warning about this in the software if it takes more than 2 seconds to pick something up. Which is insanely long. Try not to use the lasso that extensively. So, if you need to copy a drawing (frame), you do a clone of it and hit o (standing on the clone) to make it a new original. Much better than lassoing and stamping in a new blank drawing.

Then you will NOT have the slow lasso pick ups. Let me know if this works for you?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.