• January 4, 2021 at 10:38 pm #3399
    G. RiveraG. Rivera
    Participant

Good Afternoon Niels! I just got started with the Prerelease today and I must say the overall layout of the app is considerably cleaner than other apps I have used for drawing and I am very pleased to see that the app works perfectly with the stylus I got for my 2 in 1. However, there is one thing I would very much like to see get added on at some point during development and that would be support and/or optimization for the Microsoft Surface Dial. I just recently got mine as a Christmas gift to assist me with drawing (as that’s something I very much do as a hobby). I know of one app that’s optimized for the surface dial (thanks to first hand experience I’ve had) and that would be Autodesk Sketchbook For Windows 10. Such Optimization(s) allow the user to adjust the color (Such as the HSL or RGB values), Brush properties (Such as the brush size and opacity), and The canvas (Such as zooming in or out or rotating it). I think it would be nice if Users would be able to have access to such functionalities with the dial as well as some additional ones such as the ability to scroll through and select different brushes directly with it as well as going forward or backward frames on the animation being worked on.

January 4, 2021 at 11:06 pm #3400
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks for your comment and suggestion G. Rivera!

We do indeed plan to support the Surface Dial – it’s on our todolist. When we at some point get to this, it would be great to have you test out and comment on our efforts. I will get back to you when the time comes if that’s fine with you. It will probably be for alpha release 6 or 7.

Cheers,
    Niels

January 4, 2021 at 11:39 pm #3401
    G. RiveraG. Rivera
    Participant

Good afternoon Neils,

I would be honored to test it out when the day comes. Feel free to send me an email when the time comes!

January 5, 2021 at 8:13 am #3402
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Cool. Thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.