• March 7, 2024 at 12:24 pm #6479
    Harry JoeHarry Joe
    Participant

Hello!

After first trying the app I couldn’t help but notice that the cursor was very faint with a low opacity. I dug through the settings and found the option to change the cursor but in my opinion it is still much too faint for my liking. I feel in its current state the cursor requires too much focus to keep track of which will strain the eyes in the long run. Could you please add more cursor options that are easier to see with a higher contrast and opacity? A cursor that is fully black at 100% opacity with bolder/thicker line options would be perfect. I hope this wouldn’t be too much of a hassle but I think it would be a great quality of life improvement, especially for those with poorer eyesight.

I’m quite looking forward to the future of this program and thank you for making something that is fully focused on the art of 2D hand drawn animation.

Thanks, Harry.

March 7, 2024 at 2:02 pm #6480
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks a lot for telling me this Harry. Normally it has been the other way around – people letting me know the cursor is too visible and distracting when drawing. But this is natural of course, people are different and have different preferences.

Apart from making the cursor “faint” or not, you can change it to a dot (which is fully opaque). Maybe that helps you?

Anyway, I will consider having more cursor options. Thank you!

Best,
    Niels

March 7, 2024 at 2:51 pm #6481
    Harry JoeHarry Joe
    Participant

I have a feeling that the people who prefer the less visible cursor are drawing directly on the screen with a drawing display. I use a standard screenless drawing tablet so always being aware of the cursor position is far more important in my case for accurate line drawing.

I did try the dot cursor as well but unfortunately I think it’s much harder to use since it’s far smaller than the crosshair. Having the option to have it purely 100% black and multiple line thickness sizes would be a fantastic addition.

Thank you for considering my feature request,

Harry.

March 7, 2024 at 3:41 pm #6482
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

You might be right about the people wanting the faint cursor is probably the ones with a Cintiq or other screen tablet. Thanks again!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.