• September 21, 2020 at 8:34 pm #3174
    James FowlerJames Fowler
    Participant

Hi, I love the feel and the minimal look but I do have a major issue that it seems none of the major art/animation programs seem to want to deal with and it all seems to be in the audio department.

the first issue is
    1.) only one audio stream. I am creating full blown scenes and need to be able to time/compose everything in one program
    I can live with it only being one audio line but having 3-8 audio files would be great thing

2.) I absolutely love that you have the wave pattern visible which is exactly what I would assume ALL animators want? However
    you can not slide the audio file up and down to adjust where the line fits to the animation start. It is static and it is unusable as it is because I cannot slide it up or down to adjust for when the speech comes in. So I have to what, count my seconds into the animation then take that back and account for that time in the audio recording then start talking the lines?

3.) being able to squash and stretch the audio on the timeline like After Effects. this would truly be great and a welcome feature

4. lip syncing I know this is a pie in the sky afterthought but might be nice to have a script that I can attach my phonemes to and talk away instead of tediously drawing in every letter. – like I said an after thought but I feel a valid one?

So, I assume that I am correct that none of these features are in yet and that I am not blind as to finding the settings for them? anyways either way if I’m blind or they aren’t there let me know if you dont mind. 🙂
    I think that you have a really good program on your hands if your program gets these features It will be my daily driver. I am truly tired of having to jump to several programs to achieve anything and what you have here is shaping up to be something truly great. keep up the good work. – James F.

September 21, 2020 at 8:38 pm #3175
    James FowlerJames Fowler
    Participant

oh yeah, sorry for the typos! 😀

September 21, 2020 at 9:57 pm #3176
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi James,

Thank you very much for these points of yours!

First of all, you are not blind. 🙂 These things are not in the current alpha 3.

I do understand the need for all of them. They are already on either our todo- or our careful-consider-lists.

The slide up/down is a no-brainer, and that was actually planned for alpha3, but we unfortunately had to bump it to alpha4.

The rest is more a matter of exactly how it should work. I mean, there’s nothing technically difficult in making these features – only challenge is how to design it best, user-experience wise. I want to keep the ease and uncluttered simplicity of the software, while of course have the functionality you need as a pro animator. So it is “only” a matter of coming up with good ideas and good solutions.

I am happy to work this out for my self (it’s the most fun part of developing this software!), but I am listening if you have your own suggestions as to how it should work at the UX level. It will be super interesting to get your perspective on this.

You are very welcome to email me (my email is the one sending your activation key) or just reply here with a few thoughts. Anyway – thanks a lot James! It is really appreciated!

Best,
    Niels

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags