• May 19, 2020 at 1:08 pm #2869
    hevonenhevonen
    Participant

Not a serious problem, but if you create a new layer (N), undo (cmd+Z) and create a new layer again (N) the layer number is now 3 and this keeps on increasing regardless of existing layer numbers.

While these can be renamed it might be better to check largest existing layer number and add one to that when creating a new layer.

May 19, 2020 at 1:22 pm #2870
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Hevonen,

You are right, every time you create a new layer in Animation Paper it just names it with the next number – regardless if any layers have been deleted and therefore “freed up a number”.

This is, I think, the preferred behaviour. My thought was that you could potentially get confused with a new layer named the same as one you had earlier. Of course you risk having “holes” in your layer number sequence, but if we start filling a “hole” you will end up adding layers with numbering out of sequence. So there are pros and cons.

I do believe it is not that important either way (as you suggest yourself) – because I think you should call your layers something more descriptive anyway. But of course that doesn’t mean the automatic naming shouldn’t be optimal. Let me know if you feel strongly about your point and feel free to give me more reasons why we should change it.

Thanks a lot!

May 19, 2020 at 1:30 pm #2871
    hevonenhevonen
    Participant

Nah, it just felt like bug because undo didn’t reset the status (I expected that undo would undo all things related to last action, and since it didn’t I reported it as a bug).

May 19, 2020 at 5:09 pm #2874
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Sure. It is a good point. Maybe we do need to adjust this, so when undoing the counter is decreased accordingly. Added to our todolist. Thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags