• April 5, 2020 at 7:07 pm #2137
    dave greendave green
    Participant

Hi Niels,
    Congratulations on the release of AnimationPaper. As you know I have had a chance to crack out a quick project, and I was super happy with the experience. It is very clear that a lot of thought and love has gone into creating it. I have worked in it for a couple of days and it was rock solid. No crashes at all. I really like the workflow. I’m lucky enough to have a Huion pen display (Kamvas Pro 20) which I use with a Wacom express key remote. So i set up he shortcuts on that using the dial to flip between frames. It works like a charm. So many highlights… the speed dials are great. the lasso feature to copy and paste between drawing is a fantastic time saver and the off the peg option is super handy too.
    Not sure if any of these are on you to do list? but would be great to see them :
    * Transform selected frames – i don’t think this is currently possible?! It would be super handy to be able to select a whole bunch of frames and move/scale the content to a different position on the canvas. Useful for when the whole animations needs to be moved left a bit 🙂
    * Flip canvas – for checking how the drawing is working when flipped (i think someone has mentioned this before)
    * Distort transform option. – not sure if this is possible but it’s handy sometimes to be able to pull one of the corners of the transform box out to do a perspective style transform
    * custom colour onion skin before and after. I like the hue shift but would be great to use red before and green after as it make it easier to tell at a glance.

Congratulations once again. It’s great to see Animation Paper in the wild at last.
    best wishes
    Dave

April 5, 2020 at 7:24 pm #2138
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thank you! I’m happy you like Animation Paper!

Actually most of what you wish for will happen while we are in alpha stage.

The distort option we didn’t plan to do, but it is a good idea, maybe we’ll do that some day. But what we did plan for is a squash and stretch way of scaling/distorting. So you can stretch or squash your selection in any direction and it will do the opposite squash/stretch accordingly in the perpendicular direction. I mean, if you make it longer, it will automatically become thinner and vice versa (keeping the volume of course).

April 6, 2020 at 8:24 am #2169
    dave greendave green
    Participant

Hey Niels, thanks for your reply, it’s great to hear that those features are in the pipeline 🙂 and the squash and stretch deform sounds great. Have a great day

April 6, 2020 at 9:38 am #2187
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks – you too!

April 8, 2020 at 11:13 am #2297
    Ross JacksonRoss Jackson
    Participant

love that squash and stretch idea! Really simplifies the process for the animator (assuming it could be overridden when chosen)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.