• October 25, 2020 at 5:47 am #3275

Hi I know that support for this program is over, however what I’m less looking for a bug fix and more hoping to know if there is perhaps a way for me to edit the programs files so that it will work with my tablet in a way that it would with a Wacom tablet and or a way to rebind the shortcuts/ marking menus. I am really enjoying the alpha of the new program so far. however for stability and utility reasons the old pap is my primary program. sorry if this is a bother and if I have to just use a keyboard to access the key shortcuts/ marking menu’s than so be it

October 25, 2020 at 11:37 am #3276
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

I see. As you know the old Plastic Animation Paper is from a time long before the Huion even existed. I am not sure how to advice you to be honest. I’m thinking it would require a lot of changes by us to PAP to make it work. We of course want to focus all our efforts on developing Animation Paper, so not much I can do to help here, sorry.

I would any day choose the new version over the old one anyway. But of course it is fine if your needs are different and you therefore have your own opinion about that. 😉 But just to make it clear, I do not think our alpha versions are more prone to bugs than the old version. Especially now that so many years have gone by, and modern computers and systems must feel so alien to my little old baby 😉 Hehe. I think it is amazing that it even runs today. After all it is 25 years old and last line of code was written 15 years ago.

Anyway, I hope you find a good solution what ever route you take. Thanks for your efforts! Good luck.

Best,
    Niels

October 25, 2020 at 8:45 pm #3280

Thank you very much for answering, I know you’re very busy with the new PAP. Honestly it’s high time I made the new pap my go to anyway. The line quality is much more clean when you Zoom in. Thanks for developing an experience that’s so close to the real thing. 😊 I’ll always wonder how you make drawing in it feel like butter.

October 26, 2020 at 8:46 pm #3281
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks 🙂 I just told my programmer: “Make it buttery!” – and he did! 😉 He’s a genius! And that’s almost how it went down. 😀

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.