• June 15, 2020 at 1:54 pm #2934
    jerry forderjerry forder
    Participant

Hi Niels

I have just been exploring animation paper this morning after being recommended to look at it. Are the paint tools not functional yet on the Beta version or am I just not see how to implement them ? Also will there be an option to import different brushes into the program ?
    Love the simplicity and 2d interface…looking forward to the finished product

June 15, 2020 at 1:58 pm #2935
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Great – thanks Jerry!

It is in fact only an alpha version. Beta means finished, but could have bugs. Alpha is still missing features. And that is the case with the paint/coloring tools. They are still to come. You can see what’s planned in the menus, but as disabled (greyed out) functions.

We do want to make a brush system at some point. On the list for next major release.

Cheers,
    Niels

June 15, 2020 at 7:02 pm #2939
    jerry forderjerry forder
    Participant

ahh ok my bad…

Any update on when the next release will be.

Cheers

J

June 17, 2020 at 8:43 pm #2944
    Keymaster

Our plan was to release alpha 3 three weeks ago. But we have run into some issues that includes problems reading various audio formats, etc. So until these issues are overcome things are delayed a bit. Sorry. We just need to get it right. I’m guessing we should be ready with alpha 3 in a week or two.

July 17, 2020 at 8:29 pm #3004
    alfonso mendietaalfonso mendieta
    Participant

Hi! I just used the program and i wondered the same. I wanted to use the transparency in black with the pencil or marker in white and i couldn’t. It would be a good idea to be able to do that and include a tool bar with some shapes like straights lines or circunferences (just like paint program). Will these features be included in the final version?
    Regards

July 18, 2020 at 9:24 am #3006
    Keymaster

Yes, you will be able to set your line color exactly as you want. Also all the coloring will come as mentioned above. Straight lines and circles are “controversial” because I want to keep everything straight forward and as “analogue”/nonetechnical in feel. Of course it can be highly technical and complicated under the hood. But we are contemplating doing lines and circles in an easy and user-friendly way. We’ll see how it goes. 🙂

By the way, you can actually change your white transparent background to black (or gray) in the current alpha. Try to see if that works for you and let me know: Paint -> Transparency Shown As -> Black.

Thanks!

July 18, 2020 at 7:27 pm #3009
    alfonso mendietaalfonso mendieta
    Participant

Yes, there were no problems changing the background color. Thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags