• April 3, 2020 at 11:40 pm #1867
    Alexander GreyeAlexander Greye
    Participant

When drawing on my Wacom Cintiq 16 the drawing is offset to the left from the cursor, so i can’t draw where i put the pen on the screen. The Cintiq is calibrated and works perfect in other apps.

PAP 5.0 Alpha 1
    Windows 10, 64 bit, iCore 5, 16GB, Intel 630
    Wacom Cintiq 16 HD, Pro Pen 2

April 4, 2020 at 10:51 am #1895
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Oh. We had this issue before, but thought we fixed it.

Can you tell me this – was it offset from the start or did it happen suddenly while using Animation Paper? If it happened while using, do you remember if doing something specific caused it? Maybe you can try again. Very much appreciated.

April 4, 2020 at 1:48 pm #1924
    Participant

Hi Niels,

yes, it was offset right from the beginning. The line is always some millimeters on the left of the cursor. I tested again with other apps like PHotoshop and Clip Studio Paint, don’t have this problem there.

April 4, 2020 at 3:05 pm #1937
    Keymaster

OK, thanks a lot. We’ll look into it and fix. Thanks again!

April 4, 2020 at 7:07 pm #1993
    Eric DuchesnesEric Duchesnes
    Participant

Hi !.. To Alexander and Niels : just in case : I don’t have this issue on my Cintiq 24 HDT : I’m working with a PC running Win 10 Pro 64 bits (last release, all updates done …). The Wacom driver I’m using is this Version : 6.3.38-2

The pen I use : Pro Pen 1 (First version)

Animation Paper provides smooth lines, no jitter, they are nice : I can’t ask for more : precison is there, pressure sensitivity responds well : that’s all fine for me !.. (Thank you !.. very nice feeling !.. 😍)

April 4, 2020 at 11:01 pm #2028
    Participant

Hi Eric,
    nice it works for you, for me it doesn‘t. I use the same version of the wacom driver (the most new), pen pressure works nice here too..only problem is the offset between cursor and line, both with pro pen 2 and pro pen slim version.

April 4, 2020 at 11:43 pm #2032
    Keymaster

Thank you both. I think it must be a bug. We’ll make sure to solve this for the next, hopefully quick, alpha release.

April 26, 2020 at 6:19 pm #2670
    Participant

Hi,

i found a solution for my problem.

First, with the second alpha version the cursor was still offset & i was for giving up on animationpaper for now, because drawing with the offset is not fun. Then i searched a bit around the internet and played with my screen settings. Now everything works perfect. All i had to do was arranging the screens in the display settings differently. First i had the wacom to the right of my main screen, now it is at the bottom. So main screen top, wacom bottom solved this issue.

Greetings.

April 26, 2020 at 7:31 pm #2671
    Keymaster

Oh, wow! Thanks a lot for this Alexander. This might be a clue to us so we can fix it internally in Animation Paper too! Thank you!!

April 27, 2020 at 9:17 am #2691
    Eric DuchesnesEric Duchesnes
    Participant

Hi Alexander and Niels !.. my Wacom Cintiq is my display number 1 and is at the bottom, my other display (number 2) is at the top from the beginning, so I did not experience that offset cursor problem. Have a good day !

April 27, 2020 at 12:06 pm #2693
    Participant

Hi Eric and Niels,

yeah, the problem seems to happen only in a horizontal display setup. I had this offset in OpenToonz, too. So i think it’s a problem with the QT5 framework.

Greetings.

April 27, 2020 at 2:35 pm #2694
    Keymaster

Very valuable information Alexander! Thanks!

December 21, 2021 at 8:32 pm #4193
    Florian WinbushFlorian Winbush
    Participant

Hey Niels,

I’m still experiencing trouble with an offset on my Cintiq 13 HD, especially when I’m zoomed out. Cursor and line are aligned at the top of the drawing but gradually drift apart towards the bottom so that eventually the line appears several milimeters below the cursor. Unfortunately, uploading my screen recording always creates a critical error. (V5.0 Alpha 5)

Keep up the good work – I’d really love this to work!

December 21, 2021 at 11:33 pm #4194
    Keymaster

OK, thanks Florian. Maybe you could send that recording to me directly? My email is the one you got your activation key from.

Cheers,
    Niels

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags