• September 4, 2020 at 1:09 am #3082
    Jeff VossJeff Voss
    Participant

This is the PC I am using. (https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Notebook-NP940X5M-X01US-i7-7500U-Keyboard/dp/B076V63MQX)

It uses Wacom tech for the S Pen. I have tried installing the WinTab driver, but it doesn’t help. Animation Paper behaves as if the pen is a mouse with no pressure sensitivity and the stroke being stuck down after lifting the pen tip.

Fortunately I have a Wacom Intuos Pro, which works, so I am still able to use the software. I really like it so far!!!

Thank you for reading.

September 4, 2020 at 7:31 am #3083
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff – thanks for reporting this.

I’m happy you are able to use this alpha with your Wacom, but of course we need to get AP to work with your preferred setup. We’ll have a look and see if we can get a fix for one of the next alpha releases.

Thanks!
    Niels

September 4, 2020 at 1:39 pm #3084
    Keymaster

Hi again Jeff – I have sent you a test build for you to try! I hope it works on your system – let’s see. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,
    Niels

September 4, 2020 at 3:23 pm #3085
    Jeff VossJeff Voss
    Participant

Hmmm, there’s some progress. Now the pen no longer sticks, but there still isn’t pressure sensitivity.

[video src="https://i.gyazo.com/32a8b9d792b7baf91651e7ad49e37b08.mp4" /]

(Disregard the cursor looking offset in the capture, it’s not like that when using the software.)

September 6, 2020 at 7:47 am #3086
    Keymaster

Thanks Jeff! And thanks for the recording.

Did you try to “qt.conf” thing? (- mentioned in my email). I hope that will fix the pressure. Please let me know.

It’s not that I consider these things a fix for you – this is to locate the problems so we can do a proper fix for the next release.

Thanks a lot!
    Niels

September 7, 2020 at 5:04 am #3087
    Jeff VossJeff Voss
    Participant

Removing “qt.config” appears to have done the trick! Sorry, I didn’t see it in the email originally because I was so eager to try a new build. 🙂

Also, I removed visual effects in the Windows pen settings to get rid of the ripple when you tap the pen.

September 7, 2020 at 7:05 am #3088
    Keymaster

Great! So, does that mean everything works? I suspect the eraser end of your pen is not working? (if you have a physical eraser on your pen?)

September 7, 2020 at 7:24 pm #3089
    Jeff VossJeff Voss
    Participant

I unfortunately do not have an eraser with my pen. This is the pen I am using (https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-EJ-PT820BBEGUJ-Galaxy-Stylus-Black/dp/B06WD1GVM3/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=samsung+tab+s3+pen&qid=1599489863&sr=8-5), and also the tiny toothpick S Pen that came with the laptop which is similar to the ones that come with the Galaxy Note phones.

There are pens with erasers that will work with this laptop (e.g. the HP Zbook x2 Pen), but I don’t own any. Sorry!

September 8, 2020 at 12:28 pm #3094
    Keymaster

No problem, Jeff – thanks!

So does that mean, that everything works as expected on your system? (I just want to make sure)

September 8, 2020 at 8:56 pm #3098
    Jeff VossJeff Voss
    Participant

It does, but I’d like to report another issue that probably isn’t specific to my system.

I sometimes use a program called Lazy Nezumi. You’ve probably heard of it. It assists with things like smoothing, rulers, pressure curve, etc.

When using Lazy Nezumi, the smoothing doesn’t work with the pen but it does with the mouse.

I have capture (https://i.gyazo.com/3ee3f8fc52b7792853aee0fd8c1eeb6a.mp4).

The first line is using the pen, and the second is using the mouse. None of the features work with the pen from what I can tell.

I should also add that my Lazy Nezumi version is older, version 18.06.08.1447, so it’s possible this isn’t the case with newer versions.

September 8, 2020 at 9:31 pm #3099
    Keymaster

Thanks for this Jeff. Sure I know about LN. And others have reported the same thing – I would expect it to be the same for the latest versions as well. Thanks for your video – very helpful! We have it on our list – so we will look into it when we get to it. 🙂

Were you aware that AP already have a quite clever stabiliser built in? This function hasn’t got any settings (at least for now) and works all the time in a very subtle way, but it actually makes a huge difference – without most people even noticing it. I would expect that people would notice if it wasn’t there though. 😉

September 9, 2020 at 2:53 am #3100
    Jeff VossJeff Voss
    Participant

I thought I noticed some subtle smoothing. 🙂

This program is awesome. You’re onto something great here! I’ll be sure to report any other problems. Thank you for you help.

September 9, 2020 at 9:33 am #3101
    Keymaster

Cool. Thank YOU Jeff!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.