• September 19, 2020 at 3:07 am #3144
    Todd DolceTodd Dolce
    Participant

Niels, That little tip you put in the bottom of your email in the Alpha 3 announcement proved to be GOLD!!!! I followed your advice, deleted that one file in the programs folder, restarted my Notebook 9 Pro, and TadAHHH!!!! Pressure sensitivity appears!!
    Thanks so much for addressing this horrible issue. Now I can actually begin to test this program out. Just wanted to report that it solved the problem. Is it a Windows INK thing?? Will there be a cleaner fix by the time the release goes out?

Anyway,…thank you to you and your development team!

Todd

September 19, 2020 at 7:21 am #3146
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

That’s great Todd! Thanks for letting me know!

We don’t know where we go from here on this – first we need to see if there is any unforeseen problems with this solution. 🙂

September 19, 2020 at 4:19 pm #3152
    Todd DolceTodd Dolce
    Participant

Niels, ok,…so I have put the pen through its paces and can report the following oddity. I notice a pretty significant lag when drawing. (Even at slow speeds) If I use a fast hand and create a fast stroke, the lag is even a bit more apparent BUT it is there even on a very slow and deliberate line stroke. It seems to do this with the pencil and brush. I tried 2 different styluses and netted the same strange result. It is extremely laggy when creating any type of curved line and/or loops. Pressure has no effect on the lag. Drawing a light straight line quickly has less lag but still is evident. This occurs with all 3 brushes. If I really slow down the stroke on diagonal lines is drags badly. Very strange.

So the line variation is solved but it looks like there remain some troubling issues here. I promised to report back so that is what I’m doing. I have the Samsung Notebook 9 Pro 15″ convertible laptop running Windows10 Home. I have no issues with ClipStudio Paint Pro or Photoshop (just as a reference).

I think you guys are almost there with the pen solution but there must be something going on that has a negative impact on the pen lag now.

Let me know if I can help further with this.

September 19, 2020 at 7:34 pm #3157
    Keymaster

Thanks a lot for these details Todd. Appreciated.

I have a report from another user saying the same – but the strange part is that it is only lagging in periods. Some of the time it worked perfectly well. So you are right – something weird is going on. We’ll find the problem and fix it.

Cheers,
    Niels

September 22, 2020 at 6:46 pm #3182
    Todd DolceTodd Dolce
    Participant

OK,..so last night I opened up AP to mess around in it and the brush lag was gone for awhile. Makes no sense. Later, I went back in and the lag was back. Again,..no logic behind it but wanted to report it. I always have touch disabled on the laptop because basically I hate it. Thought it could have a bearing on this odd behavior with the AP brush lag but it does not. Even when I turn touch back on, the lag continues.

September 22, 2020 at 6:52 pm #3184
    Todd DolceTodd Dolce
    Participant

I should add once again my specs just to keep you from searching:
    My Specs: Samsung Notebook Pro 9 15″ | Windows 10 Home | Wacom EMR technology enabled stylus

September 22, 2020 at 7:14 pm #3186
    Keymaster

Thanks a lot Todd! All these pieces of the puzzle help!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.