• April 4, 2020 at 8:04 pm #1998
    K LK L
    Participant

My hand’s a little too shaky sometimes, so I rely on stabilizing settings in the other programs I use.
    Any plans to add this in?

April 4, 2020 at 8:43 pm #2005
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Animation Paper already have a clever and subtle stabilizer built in working while you draw. Maybe you already felt it?

Currently we do not give access to customize/adjust this stabilizer (keeping it simple), but we might do that in a future alpha version if we find an uncomplicated way to do that.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Niels.
    April 4, 2020 at 10:15 pm #2023
    K LK L
    Participant

It’s still pretty jagged for me when I’m not drawing with big strokes.
    I hope you find a way in the future! I’ll hold out til then 🙂

April 5, 2020 at 7:38 am #2062
    PharanPharan
    Participant

I did experience some weirdness with the pen strokes yesterday. Some combination of changing window focus causes the pen to stop registering subpixel positions, so the lines get super jagged especially when you draw slowly, but the strokes look “ok” when you draw quickly because of the stabilizer.

It becomes especially noticeable when you try to draw horizontal or vertical lines.

Sometimes it goes back to normal. Other times, I have to restart the program. But sometimes you probably wouldn’t notice it happening until you try to draw slowly.

I’ll post again if I find out what exact combination of stuff to replicate the bug.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Pharan.
    April 5, 2020 at 9:11 am #2076
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

That’s great Pharan. Thanks.

This is because Animation Paper is not getting the hires coordinates from the pen, but for some reason only gets the lores coordinates like from a mouse. This produces bad quality lines (jagged) – especially visible when drawing slow vertical and horisontal lines as you say.

Where the problem comes from is what we need to find out. Could be so many things.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.