• October 28, 2023 at 12:06 am #6098
    Mike OakleyMike Oakley
    Participant

Hi!

Firstly, I just want to say how amazing Animation Paper is. It’s an absolute dream to use. Now, on to my request. I was wondering if it would be possible to have a bespoke layer that has a set of present mouth shapes that you could use as a lipsync guide sheet? It would be a really handy extra to have.

all the best,

Mike

• This topic was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Mike Oakley.
    October 28, 2023 at 12:08 am #6099
    Mike OakleyMike Oakley
    Participant

Something like this:

October 28, 2023 at 5:33 pm #6101
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Mike, thanks for sharing this good idea! These things must always be weighed up against the more clutter/complexity it produces – even though this might be a very simple and efficient way of planning lip-sync. I will definitely think deeper about it! Thank you!

Playing devils advocate: How would it work for you, if you just quickly drew simplified mouth shapes in the annotations column? It would be the same, if I’m not mistaken – even though your way might be slightly faster. But depending on the character design, the generic mouth shapes you are suggesting, could be fairly far from your actual characters mouth look, so you would run the risk of it being not precise enough and slightly confusing. I may we wrong of course. And you probably already tried this and came up with your idea.

Let me know what you think? I love to think about these things! It’s great. 🙂

Best,
    Niels

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.