• September 22, 2020 at 6:51 pm #3183
    Todd DolceTodd Dolce
    Participant

I noticed when attempting to playback a quick animation that the large play button at the top does not work. I should say that it worked twice out of the 12 times I attempted using it. I DID however have no problem with the play functionailty from the top dropdown menu. It’s not a huge deal but wanted to report this.

My Specs: Samsung Notebook Pro 9 15″ | Windows 10 Home | Wacom EMR technology enabled stylus

September 22, 2020 at 7:06 pm #3185
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks for reporting this Todd! I think it does sound like a pretty huge deal! (to me).

I think this only happens for some people on Windows with touch screen.

You say it’s a “quick” animation – does the length/size of the animation make a difference? Did you experience this in other situations? What about the other buttons in the same top bar – do they have similar problems?

If you have a few minutes to check this – thank you very much!

Best,
    Niels

September 24, 2020 at 2:25 am #3198
    Todd DolceTodd Dolce
    Participant

Niels,…the length of the animation had no effect. There is something that is interesting though and possibly helpful to you. The Samsung Notebook Pro 9 15″ is a convertible tablet. So when using the stylus to draw etc,..normally you close it up so it is in tablet form; this is how I work as well. After seeing that the play button would not work unless I accessed the menu bar I decided to unfold and put the tablet back into laptop form (in which nobody would ever use for art) and amazingly the normal play button control worked just fine when accessed with the mouse pointer!! So something is definitely going on in relation to the stylus.

September 24, 2020 at 2:31 am #3199
    Todd DolceTodd Dolce
    Participant

UPDATE: OK I discovered something else. As mentioned prior, In Laptop mode,..the mouse activates the Play button with a single click and stops the playback by single-clicking on the play button with no issues. HOWEVER, I accidentally discovered that when I put it back into Tablet mode I can actually get the Play button to indeed work… BUT….only if I double-tap/click it with the stylus. I must also double-tap/click it to stop the playback with said stylus.

September 24, 2020 at 6:51 am #3201
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

That’s good information Todd! Thank you!

Funny that double clicking works. Well, we’ll look into this very soon!

To play you can also just hit space! That’s the easiest way I think.

Cheers,
    Niels

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.