• October 20, 2021 at 3:53 am #3973
    Absurd ExistanceAbsurd Existance
    Participant

Is there any way to change that?

Is there any option to make it so that if I command c, then command v it make it an original automatically, and then another option to change it back?

If there is, does pressing c make it a copy again?

Thanks, Absurd Existence.

October 20, 2021 at 8:31 am #3975
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Once you made it an original, you can not change it back (Undo works though, but that’s not what you are looking for I know).

I am interested in your workflow – and why you would want that? Could you explain a little more please?

Best,
    Niels

October 24, 2021 at 12:50 am #3976
    Participant

Sorry for taking so long to respond, I make animated youtube videos, and I use animation paper to animate them.

I’m fine with not being about to turn it back ( I  just use command z for that), but every time I copy a frame it doesn’t make it original, and I know it’s a small thing, but I have to press o every time I make a new frame.

Although it’s small it becomes a little inconvenient if I’m doing a couple hundred frames and have to press o each time I make a new one.

I think having the option to be able to press a key command, or click (like for most of the tools),  and then if the switch is on, then when I copy a frame and past it, it makes it original automatically.

If the switch was turned off, then it could be the same as it is now, where it defaults to being a clone, that way if someone wants to hold a frame  for a few second, they could just switch to that, then switch back when they’re doing something else.

Thanks, Absurd existence.

October 24, 2021 at 4:20 pm #3979
    Keymaster

OK, thanks for explaining. But I am still a bit confused. Normally you would just add a blank drawing (frame) – and then draw on that.

Also if something is to be held, you just drag down (from the original) to produce a number of clones. Also you can have one part holding on one layer and another part moving frame by frame on a second layer – like if you had a still standing body (on layer 1) and a head (on layer 2) looking around and moving.

I am not sure why you would keep copying the previous drawing?

October 25, 2021 at 9:44 am #3982
    Participant

I did not know about using the layers for that, thank you.

October 25, 2021 at 12:00 pm #3983
    Keymaster

OK, great 🙂

So just to make sure. Does that mean your need for copy/paste resulting in an original has disappeared? Or would you still miss it? I am interested, of course, because I want to make AP the best it can be for as many people as possible.

I am always pushing back a little, though, on adding special features, because it adds to the overall clutter and I want to keep complexity to a minimum. Without losing important functionality of course. If it’s needed it’s needed. 😉

Thanks,
    Niels

October 25, 2021 at 8:52 pm #3994
    Participant

Yeah it has, I honestly didn’t think of just creating a new layer to draw on for that.

Thanks for responding and letting me know how to use it, because if I create a clone, then create a layer new to it then the need for  making the background image an original goes away, so my problem has been solved.

Thanks, Absurd Existence.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Absurd Existance. Reason: clarity
    October 25, 2021 at 10:53 pm #3996
    Keymaster

That’s awesome. Thank you!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.