• January 3, 2023 at 3:01 pm #5259
    Maria RomanMaria Roman
    Participant

I´ve just started using this App today and I love how easy it is to animate. But while I’m drawing, I have this problem where the marker suddenly changes into the option of opacity and size changer. I don’t know how that happens, can someone tell me if there’s a way of desactivating it? I’m placing a video where it shows it happening:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1malghnMslGu3dCkknxk_4qqEYKA8yDuv/view?usp=sharing

Thanks and hope someone can help me with this.

January 3, 2023 at 3:11 pm #5264
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Maria,

Thanks for making the video! It helps a lot.

It seems like you maybe are accidentally holding down your Ctrl key? (Cmd key on Mac) At least with normal behaviour, you can hold that key down and get easy access to quickly adjust pen size by dragging left/right and opacity by dragging up/down.

While this feature has been a request of several people – it might not be good for everybody. My guess is you are using undo (Ctrl Z) a lot and therefore maybe you are unconsciously keeping your Ctrl key pressed sometimes – even though you are in the middle of drawing lines.

At some point fairly soon we will make the keyboard shortcuts customisable – and then it will be easy to just get rid of this shortcut if it doesn’t fit your way of working.

Let me know if I am guessing correctly 😉

Cheers,
    Niels

January 3, 2023 at 11:04 pm #5265
    Maria RomanMaria Roman
    Participant

Thanks for the help! I actually use a tablet for drawing and for the Ctrl + Z I don’t need to press Ctrl, so maybe it’s just a problem with the tablet in wich sometimes accidentaly reads Ctrl + Z  as just Ctrl?

I don’t know, but I will just wait for customisable shortcuts to fix my problem, when they arrive.

Again, thanks a lot! I really love your program and I will 100% buy it when it’s complete.

January 4, 2023 at 10:54 am #5268
    Keymaster

Thank you very much! But I worry that AP is unusable for you until we do the custom shortcuts.

Let me know if you find a solution. Because if you don’t, I hope I can think of something to help you.

Thanks,
    Niels

January 5, 2023 at 3:32 pm #5282
    Keymaster

Hi Maria,

We have tried a thing, that might solve the problem. Can I ask you to send me an email, so I can send a test version to you so you can try it out? My email address is the one you got your activation key from. Thank you!

Best,
    Niels

January 5, 2023 at 11:06 pm #5289
    Maria RomanMaria Roman
    Participant

Hi, I´ve been testing the version you sended me and I haven’t had any problems with it. I’m able of working without suddenly entering the adjust-pen-mode!

Again, thank you so much for helping me with this! I can’t wait to buy the complete version once it’s finished.

January 5, 2023 at 11:12 pm #5290
    Keymaster

That’s great news Maria! Thanks for testing!

We’ll have this fix in the next release (Alpha 8) – so be sure to download it when it’s ready.

Also make sure to tell me, if the problem surfaces again.

Thanks,
    Niels

March 5, 2023 at 12:58 am #5480
    Gabriel ValenzuelaGabriel Valenzuela
    Participant

Hello, I’m sorry, I’m starting to use the program but I can’t draw on the canvas, maybe I touch something? Or am I doing something wrong? I am looking forward to your response. 🙂

March 5, 2023 at 10:58 am #5482
    Keymaster

Hi Gabriel!

What kind of computer do you have? Model, graphics card, memory, screen? Do you have a drawing tablet, like a Wacom?

Most important information is what kind of graphics card you have.

Please let me know, and I will hopefully be able to help you.

Thanks,
    Niels

March 5, 2023 at 7:17 pm #5484
    Gabriel ValenzuelaGabriel Valenzuela
    Participant

I use a HP split 13×2 and i use the mouse to draw although it also has a touch screen, i hope that help.

March 5, 2023 at 9:01 pm #5485
    Keymaster

Thanks a lot G.

It does help. I believe you might have a certain kind of older onboard graphics card, which for some reason is problematic in some situations. For some people this results in blocky “garbage” lines when they draw, and for some it can result in no lines at all, like you experience. I have only heard about the no lines problem 2 times before you.

But no worries. We do have a way to fix this for you. But we need a bit more specific technical info. Please send me an email, so I can reply to you with info and instructions. My email address is the one you got your activation key from.

Looking forward to your email. Hopefully we will have you all set in no time. 😉

Best,
    Niels

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.