• June 7, 2020 at 3:39 am #2928
    Russ WielenbeckRuss Wielenbeck
    Participant

Brief summary of the problem:
    Choosing the reset view icon in the 1st speed dial pop up menu does not fully reset the view like when pressing key command 0. This behavior happens when the canvas is in a rotated and fit the view state.

Steps required to reproduce:
    1. Hold the spacebar to bring up rotate, move, zoom tool (nice update, by the way).
    2. Rotate the canvas to any angle.
    3. Zoom in as if you were working on some small detail.
    4. Release the spacebar.
    5. Hold S for 1st Speed Dial.
    6. Choose the fit to view icon (continue to hold down S).
    7. Choose the reset view icon (no response from the icon).

Expected outcome:
    Canvas should reset to 0 degrees, 100%, and centered through the 1st speed dial reset view icon regardless of canvas orientation or previous icon tap.

Actual outcome:
    The canvas remains in a rotated fit-to-view state after tapping on the Reset view icon in the speed dial pop up (step 7). If I press 0 on my keyboard at this point, it resets the view as expected. Basically the speed dial menu icon does not match the behavior of pressing 0 on the keyboard at anytime.
    Incidentally, if I were to let go of S and bring it back up, it seems to reset the functionality; however, a better user experience would be to allow all the icons to respond while the speed dial is showing – in the spirit of the menu’s design.

Version of Animation Paper: 5 Alpha 2
    Mac OS 10.15.4
    Tablet: Wacom Cintiq Pro 16

June 7, 2020 at 12:47 pm #2929
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks for this very precise bug report Russ! Consider it fixed. 😉

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.