• March 7, 2024 at 11:58 pm #6483
    Herb MontesHerb Montes
    Participant

So I got a new tablet PC with pen input to make animation on. Unfortunately after installing Alpha 8 I could not get it to run after inputting the license code. It even caused the system to lockup and crash. Other programs I install run okay. My system is an Acer Spin 1 with convertible display, 8 gig of ram, 36 gig of drive space and running Windows 11.

March 8, 2024 at 7:18 am #6484
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Herb, sorry to hear that.

Did Alpha 7 work on your new tablet PC? If you haven’t tried it, can I get you to test? I have uploaded Alpha 7 for you here:

https://animationpaper.com/files/a7/AnimationPaper_x64.exe

It’s not that I want you to use Alpha 7 – it’s just to home in on what is wrong so we can fix it.

One thing to try with Alpha 8: I know that we have had problems earlier on some tablet PC’s. It might be a long shot, but try to locate the file “qt.conf” (probably here C:\Program Files\Animation Paper\qt.conf). Delete it or rename it (to save it). Then launch Animation Paper (Alpha 8) again.

This will force Animation Paper to use Windows Ink. Maybe that will solve the problem. Please let me know!

Best,
    Niels

March 9, 2024 at 11:17 pm #6485
    Herb MontesHerb Montes
    Participant

Well I uninstalled Alpha 8 and installed Alpha 7 and removed the file you mentioned. Unfortunately Alpha 7 will not start at all. So for now Animation Paper will exist on my desktop PC (it runs Windows 10). I also wanted it on the tablet PC since I wanted a portable animation system to take anywhere with me. Right now I have Roughanimator and Pencil 2D running on the tablet along with Firealpaca and Paint Tool Sai for art.

March 10, 2024 at 4:43 pm #6486
    Keymaster

OK, sad to hear even Alpha 7 doesn’t work for you. I’ll talk with the programmers and see if we can find a reason for this. I might be in touch if you can help test a possible fix.

Thanks,
    Niels

March 10, 2024 at 11:59 pm #6488
    Herb MontesHerb Montes
    Participant

Has anyone else have problems running Animation Paper on Windows 11. That might be the cause right there. But I’m speculating.

March 11, 2024 at 7:15 am #6490
    Keymaster

So far it seems to run just fine on the Win11 we tested ourselves – and I haven’t heard from anybody but you about it. But still, we need to investigate this further to make sure.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.