• January 23, 2024 at 9:17 pm #6346
    Bahadir TosunBahadir Tosun
    Participant

When using Shift and Trace, I can’t scale in/out the size… Am I missing something?

And the visual menu for move and rotation should follow the mouse pointer. It’s annoying that I have to go back to the “Move” icon and grab it every time I move the frame ( it could work like when you use shortcut “H” in general use )

Thanks

January 24, 2024 at 10:07 am #6348
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Bahadir, thanks a lot for this!

You are not missing anything. Shift and Trace (aka Off the Pegs) doesn’t have scaling. My initial thought, when designing it, was that it probably wasn’t needed that much (you can maybe get by, using a lassoed cutout instead) – and having scaling wouldn’t resemble the original analogue technique. However, this shouldn’t of course be a reason to not do what’s right in the modern version of Shift and Trace. So thanks for mentioning this! If you need it, chances are that others do too. I’ll put it on our list. I’ll look deeper into it, but it makes sense.

We could make the interface follow the mouse pointer just as it does when using the Move/Rotate/Zoom-tool pressing Space. But you mention the H shortcut, that one is easier, because it only have the one function, so you can slick and drag from anywhere.

Anyway, thanks a lot.

Niels

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.