• November 8, 2021 at 7:04 pm #3909
    Patrick NearyPatrick Neary
    Participant

Here’s a new short I used AP for (then coloring in photoshop and compositing in after effects) I love how simple and direct this app is, it’s the closest I’ve found to working with pencil and paper. I look forward to further developments! https://vimeo.com/535077697

November 8, 2021 at 7:06 pm #4049
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Haha – that is fantastic! Thank you very much for your nice words and for sharing this.

Thanks,
    Niels

January 10, 2022 at 9:07 pm #4221
    Emily SteffenEmily Steffen
    Participant

Hi there,

I am new to Animation Paper and am looking to import an animation I made into Photoshop to color it, much like you did here.  Can you tell me how you imported your work into Photoshop?

Thanks for your time!

January 11, 2022 at 1:38 am #4223
    Patrick NearyPatrick Neary
    Participant

Hi!

This video is a pretty clear explanation of how to set up a timeline for animation in photoshop:

I export my line animation from AP as a PNG still sequence, start a project in Photoshop with a timeline (set to the same frame rate as my animation paper export) then just import the AP PNGs into that PS project.  I then start adding new video layers underneath the line animation and use different brushes and colors to fill in color under the line animation frame by frame. For areas with holds, you can create a new regular layer in the PS project and color once then stretch that layer in the timeline to match the line drawing hold. One other way I’ve done simple stuff is to color (with the existing red green blue colors and a fat brush) directly in AP, then export those color layers separately- you can then import those into after effects and “change color” to the layer to make it any color you want.

It’s all clunky for sure, which is why I can’t wait for AP to offer coloring!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.