• November 27, 2020 at 1:24 pm #3345
    Kristian KristensenKristian Kristensen
    Participant

hold down the e key WHILE erasing. When it is let go, you get you drawing tool back.
    This way your hand wont have to go searching for “p” “b” or “m” and remember what the shortcut is in this program
    I use the eraser a lot, and it would speed up my workflow considerably. (i always press “b” instead of “p” like i would do in PS)

November 27, 2020 at 1:46 pm #3347
    Participant

I forgot about the “d” shortcut. But still.

November 27, 2020 at 8:00 pm #3350
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Yeah, I like the idea. Others have mentioned this (holding e) to me as well.

The only thing is that we already have hold E and hold D functionality working. Holding E gives you the Eraser settings and holding D – the Draw Settings. When you let go, the box goes away.

Do you like this way of getting to the settings easily and quickly? Maybe we could do both somehow? I mean, if you hold and draw/erase right away it works as you say – but if you wait for the settings to come up without putting the pen to the surface it goes to settings mode? Of course this could turn out to be too much and too complicated to easily figure out and work with. But maybe it would be worth testing.

What do you think Kristian? I would love to hear if you could elaborate further? Maybe you prefer to have the settings come up in a completely other way? Please let me pick your brain! 😉

Cheers,
    Niels

November 29, 2020 at 11:07 pm #3352
    Participant

Generally i think shortcuts to settings are a bit of an overkill. I set my pencil and eraser the way i like it, and then i go to work on animating, and basically never touch them again. I might pop in and finetune once in a while, but not every day. On the other hand jumping between pencil and eraser is something i do every other second.

November 30, 2020 at 9:29 am #3354
    Keymaster

I totally get it. I would say I am in the same category as you are. Only I have listened to many people who like adjusting their pencil/brush all the time. So ideally it should cater to both personalities.

Anyway, thanks a lot. Your point is definitely taken. I will find a solution.

November 30, 2020 at 9:31 am #3355
    Keymaster

By the way, you can use “.” (full stop) to toggle between drawing/erasing. I know it is probably yet another key for you to get used to, but maybe it helps after all?

December 18, 2020 at 12:47 am #3385
    Mário PeixotoMário Peixoto
    Participant

Hi Niels
    I discovered the old PAP four years ago.Since then I used it not only to animate but also to make single digital drawings due to the possiblity to assigne a single function to each button of the Wacom pen. I choose undo and of course toogle draw/erase because I love to draw fast and flow. Having the possibility to concentrate in the buttons pen those functions is a huge advantage I do not have with other good drawing softwares like ArtRage. It would be fantastic if you could include this possibility in the new Animation Paper.
    Thanks
    Mário Peixoto

December 18, 2020 at 6:21 am #3386
    Keymaster

Hi Mario, sure. That is already on our todo list for one of the next alpha releases.

But did you know, that you can already assign keyboard shortcuts to you Wacom buttons through your Wacom settings software? Make sure you choose Animation Paper as the application and then just Ctrl Z and . (period) as the keys for the buttons. That will give you Undo and Toggle Draw/Erase as you are used to. 🙂

Best,
    Niels

December 18, 2020 at 11:32 pm #3387
    Mário PeixotoMário Peixoto
    Participant

Hi Niels
    Thank you for your prompt clarifications.
    Cheers

Mário Peixoto

December 19, 2020 at 2:57 pm #3388
    Keymaster

No problem. Thank you!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags