• April 6, 2020 at 9:06 pm #2220

Hi,

I like to use the Brush tool in small sizes.
    With size on 0-15% it produces white spots in my black lines or even interrupts.
    On bigger sizes it works as it should.

April 6, 2020 at 9:18 pm #2221
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

I’m not saying it couldn’t be a bug, but it sure sounds like you do not have your pen working correctly. I mean, is pressure working? Often this is an indicator that your pen is only working with mouse coordinates. This means low resolution and therefore jaggies – especially visible when the line it thin.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding the situation?

April 6, 2020 at 9:20 pm #2222
    April 6, 2020 at 9:28 pm #2224
    April 6, 2020 at 9:32 pm #2225

Yes pressure is working.
    It could be my old scratched wacom. Put in a new nib though, for this test.
    Doesnt have many levels of pressure either.

AP v5.0 Alpha 1

Win10
    Amd Ryzen 5 3400G
    Radeon Vega 11 Graphics
    16GB ram

Wacom Bamboo CTH-470

April 6, 2020 at 11:02 pm #2234
    Keymaster

Thanks a lot for these testshots, Nathan! Very helpful. Something is going on, I see that. But I have never seen this before – weird “pauses” in the line. Very interesting. I will have to show these shots to Frederik (programmer). Cool! Thanks again!

April 7, 2020 at 9:19 am #2246
    Keymaster

Hi again Nathan,

So we studied your shots. Very peculiar to us.

We see that the holes in the lines occur ONLY when the line are either horizontal or vertical.

Also we notice that the bold strokes are not continuous along the edge, they are sort of bulgy. That is not normal.

Could you help us with a small test? Do this:

Start with a clean project (New). Draw just one not too long stroke with the problem (hole) in it. You can undo lines until you get a small stroke with the problem in it. Then save and send me the .ap file! (niels at animationpaper.com) We can look at the data structure to see if something gives us a clue. Thank you!

April 7, 2020 at 11:31 pm #2282
    Keymaster

Thanks to Nathan who just sent me the test .ap file – featuring a line with a hole in it 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.