• April 8, 2020 at 6:52 pm #2308
    Mark MasonMark Mason
    Participant

It’s so good to have a proper graticute (grid). When I animated on paper, years ago, I always had a grat sitting on the lightbox to help with composition, framing and keeping the character size constant. An option to draw boxes which are locked to the format of the grat, and snap to the grid would make creating camera layouts a breeze.
    The other thing which is great, and I used all the time in the pre-digital days is ‘Take frame off the pegs’, or more acurately, ‘take drawing off the pegs’ (the frame is strictly an exposue on the film). I would take the second drawing to be inbetweened and the paper I was going to draw on, and position those over the first drawing. Harmony have a similar option – Shift & Trace.
    Easily rotating the artwork, as though it’s on a lightbox is also lovely. Is there a way I can add that as an action on the control ring of my Cintiq?
    I’m sure there’s more loveliness to discover, but as an old traditional paper animator who’s spent a long time learning to do traditional/digital, Animation Paper is looking really good.

April 8, 2020 at 6:58 pm #2309
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Very nice to read this. Thank you a lot Mark!

Does anyone know how to assign rotation to the Wacom control ring? Could the shortcuts < and > (rotating in steps) be used?

April 8, 2020 at 7:20 pm #2310
    Mark MasonMark Mason
    Participant

Something like that would work, or even Shift+R and Alt+Shift+R (clockwise and anti-clockwise), and yes, it probably would be in steps. It’s a Keystroke assignment, but the only shortcut key you currently have in Animation Paper is R.

April 11, 2020 at 9:23 am #2367
    Keymaster

No, I mean, you already do have < and > working in alpha 1! So please try to see if you can assign those to the ring?

April 11, 2020 at 1:49 pm #2372
    Mark MasonMark Mason
    Participant

Ah, fantastic, I’ll have a go in a couple of days and let you know.
    Cheers,
    Mark

April 12, 2020 at 9:34 am #2395
    Keymaster

Great – thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.