• May 12, 2020 at 12:43 am #2831
    john kanzlerjohn kanzler
    Participant

Hi,thank you for all the work you have put into this! Like so many others, I have been waiting for a long while, and am so glad to be able to try it out. It is comparing very favorably to Rough Animator, but with more capabilities.

Some small (?) suggestions:

May not be necessary, but can there be a way to resize/customize the grids? More lines, etc. Even to go as far as perspective grids for approaching/receding objects?

Can the rotation tool be constrained to steps pf rotation, or otherwise is there some way to “know” I have set the canvas back to level? Or am I missing that somewhere in the menus or keyboard?

I know this is coming in the future, but I am very eager to customize layer colors!

Rough Animator allows me to capture shapes for custom brushes. I like being able to create a more expressive line that way, but it is more just for fun. Is this a possibility?

Thanks again! I have just started to explore, I had to upgrade my system first. iMac 2011, High Sierra, 20GB RAM, Wacom Intuos 3.

May 12, 2020 at 7:08 am #2833
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks a lot John!

Customized grids including some perspective functionality is something we want to include. But it will be after the alpha stage where a lot of functionality is prioritised higher. It is a good idea, and I think we could do it in a natural way so it won’t clutter up the simplicity of Animation Paper.

Rotation tool in steps: If you use shortcuts < and > it will rotate in steps of 15°. You can always reset your view (no rotation and 100% zoom) by hitting 0. Other shortcuts to know about is the numpad number keys: You can use them as compass directions, so 8 is north (no rotation), 9 is rotated towards north east, 6 is east, and so on.

Yes custom layer colors are coming very soon. Alpha 4 or 5.

Custom brushes are not possible at the moment. We plan to do a brush system for the next major release (v6.0).

Thanks for taking the trouble of updating your system for Animation Paper. I hope you think it is worth it.

Best,
    Niels

May 13, 2020 at 3:46 am #2838
    john kanzlerjohn kanzler
    Participant

Thank you! I found those keyboard commands and that realy helped. I am loving animation paper so far. I appreciate all the hard work you put into it!

May 13, 2020 at 9:04 am #2841
    Keymaster

Thanks John! 🙂

June 2, 2020 at 11:20 pm #2923
    Tengus ToitiTengus Toiti
    Participant

I would be grateful, if it was possible to implement a horizontal timeline.

June 4, 2020 at 9:07 pm #2925
    Keymaster

A few others have mentioned that too, Tengus. Thanks for letting me know. Some people actually love the vertical way of the traditional exposure sheet. But anyway, I have it on my list as an option for future versions.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags