• February 3, 2023 at 12:49 pm #5377
    Bert WikkerinkBert Wikkerink
    Participant

When I have a sound layer, I can use the range option to play a certain part of the animation to check if the timing is correct.

But when I press and hold the Return key to check a part of the animation the sound is not played. It would be useful to hear the sound as well when press and hold the Return key for playback a short part of the animation.

Bert

February 3, 2023 at 3:45 pm #5378
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

It’s good you mention it Bert! Thank you.

We are deliberately not playing the sound, because I thought it would (at least in some circumstances) not be preferable while just flipping back and forth checking your drawings. But maybe I’m wrong. Maybe it would be a good idea to have sound playing on Return Flip – and that’s the way you do it if you want to hear the sound. Of course we could make hearing the audio an option.

For now, as you probably already know, you can scrub (while hearing the audio) by dragging the playhead back and forth.

Cheers,
    Niels

February 3, 2023 at 3:56 pm #5379
    Participant

OK I understand.

You are right that it is not always preferable.

Maybe it is an idea to make it menu option which let you toggle between sound-on and sound-off during flipping?

Bert

February 3, 2023 at 6:27 pm #5380
    Keymaster

Yes, I have already put it on our todo-list – including the option to turn it on/off. 😉

I’m thinking, since the Return Flip is actually flipping at the set FPS frame rate, we could have the sound play perfectly (without any stuttering) and even play the sound backwards, when the Return Flip goes backwards. What do you think of that idea?

February 4, 2023 at 5:20 pm #5387
    Participant

Hearing the sound during Return Flip at the correct FPS helps a lot in quickly checking the timing for lip-sync and when beats are involved (like music). I do’nt know if hearing thee sound during backward flipping is necessary.

Bert

February 4, 2023 at 11:48 pm #5390
    Keymaster

Cool. Thanks Bert. We’ll test internally and see how it feels with the backwards thing. 😉

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.