• September 14, 2020 at 8:33 pm #3114
    Cher PCher
    Participant

Hi Niels,

I’ve been trying to get used with the current feature you have on AP using “Spacebar + (Hovering the cursor on each symbol) for Rotate,Zoom,Pan” while this is a great feature since I can access it anywhere I place my cursor, but I’m realising that it’s quite confusing for me at times. Perhaps it’s because I also use Maya for animation. Although, I’m not sure if there’s another way in using the current feature you have and I just missed it. Would there be a chance to add a feature where I can still use “Spacebar” but instead of hovering the cursor to each icon for when I want to say Rotate, can I just use the following:

1. Spacebar + Left Click (Rotate)
    2. Spacebar + Middle Click (Pan)
    3. Spacebar + Right Click (Zoom)

Also, I’m using a Pen, so this could be easier and helpful as well.

Thank you so much!

Cheers,
    Cher

September 14, 2020 at 8:41 pm #3115
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Cher,

If you are able to assign keystrokes to your pen buttons, then I would use the R (Rotate), H (“Hand” aka Pan) and Z (Zoom) shortcuts. They work already.

Unless it is important for you to hold the spacebar in combination with the pen buttons? Why not just the pen buttons?

Cheers,
    Niels

September 14, 2020 at 8:57 pm #3116
    Cher PCher
    Participant

Hi Niels,

Thanks for the R,H,Z keyboard shortcuts, I didn’t know about these. I tried it already and this feature is good but I know I’ll be having a hard time getting used to this one since I need to look at my keyboard for the RHZ keys.

Also as for my pen buttons, I already assigned Middle Mouse Click and Right Click, which I find easier for me.

Holding the spacebar in combination with the pen buttons would be great to have. I’m used to this one since maybe I use Maya every day that I’m already used with the Alt (instead of Spacebar) + Pen Buttons for Rotate, Pan and Zoom.

Thanks!

Cheers,
    Cher

September 15, 2020 at 1:13 pm #3117
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

OK, cool. I understand. At some point soonish, we will add the ability to set up your own custom shortcuts.

Best,
    Niels

September 15, 2020 at 5:21 pm #3118
    Cher PCher
    Participant

Thank you Niels, as well as to your team, you’ve always been hard at work in making AP great!

Cheers,
    Cher

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.