• April 5, 2020 at 2:18 am #2045
    Abigail SmithAbigail Smith
    Participant

Hi there, loving this software so far!

I did notice however that in the old PAP software I was able to click the top and bottom parts of the button on my tablet pen (I have a wacom bamboo) and access the speed dial menus that way, which was really handy for quick canvas manipulation and tool access while drawing. I see there are speed dial menus in this software as well but I don’t see a way to map those dials to my pen’s buttons (unless I just haven’t found that option!). Currently, clicking the top part of my pen’s button causes the pen to draw on the canvas, and the bottom part of the button does nothing.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Abigail Smith.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Abigail Smith.
    April 5, 2020 at 9:06 am #2075
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Cool!

You just need to go to your Wacom settings. Set up your top or bottom button, to react to shortcut S. Or Shift S for the second SpeedDial. Or why not try D or E, then you can hold your buttons to adjust your drawing and erasing tools.

All very handy to have assigned to your pen buttons. 🙂

Good luck with it!

April 7, 2020 at 5:38 am #2243
    Abigail SmithAbigail Smith
    Participant

Ah thanks for the tip, yes changing the stylus settings definitely resolves the issue. And now that I think about it, this topic probably falls under the “changing keyboard shortcuts” category if people don’t want to change their pen buttons’ shortcuts, but I see that already has a discussion thread! But thank you for the swift response!

April 7, 2020 at 9:27 am #2248
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

If you are not aware: Actually Wacom settings allow you to set the shortcut keys bound to the pen buttons as a per app setting. So you can have the buttons react as certain keys in one app and as other keys in another app.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.