• April 30, 2021 at 5:26 pm #3596
    Hans Jacob WagnerHans Jacob Wagner
    Participant

Jeg leder konstant efter en app (Android) hvor man kan lave et rigtigt storyboard. Der er mange tegne og animations programmer men der er ingen egentlige storyboard løsninger. Et tomrum du måske kunne udfylde? Ser frem til at animation paper kommer til Android. Hvis det er forholdsvis lige til højrebenet at lave en version af animation paper der er storyboard minded, så tror jeg at du/i vil opleve et boom!

Dediorerede exports til OpenToonz, Krita, TvPaint etc.. kunne også have et impact.

April 30, 2021 at 5:27 pm #3597
    Participant

Dedikerede…

April 30, 2021 at 7:07 pm #3599
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Sorry readers, for this weird language! 😉 (danish)

Jeg kunne ikke være mere enig! Det hele står allerede på vores ønske/todo-liste. 🙂

Som du nok ved så er planen at lave en Android og iPad version så snart vi er færdige med desktop versionen.

Jeg har mine egne ideer, men jeg vil meget gerne høre dine ønsker til storyboard funktionalitet?

Hans Jacob suggests to add storyboard functionality to Animation Paper. That is something I have thought about and it could be worth it. I ask what his wishes for storyboard features are. 🙂 Please join our conversation if you have thoughts about this too!

Best,
    Niels

April 30, 2021 at 11:28 pm #3600
    Participant

Importing of images and sound as reference, you already got that in AP.

Export with or without Smpte time code.

To be able to export time edits to update video editors, there’s some exchange standards, that I didn’t look into.

Inserts of new panels with or without pushing the time line.

A storyboard wall interface where you quickly can alter the organisation of panels.

To be able to work on the whole project in one animatic.

Dedicated exports to other animation packages pr scene, with the exact sound clip.

Production timeline, and workload estimates/reality. Excel output. A love/hate issue.

Print settings for precut cards, like A5, A6 and or other similar B formats, if possible.

That’s all for now 🙂

May 1, 2021 at 4:21 pm #3601
    Keymaster

This sounds very reasonable. Great stuff. Noted. Thanks!

May 3, 2021 at 8:14 pm #3602
    Wesley MarquesWesley Marques
    Participant

I vote for that!

It would be nice if we could cut the soud clips and move them, delete or copy and past a part of it. If possible, more than one audio track, so we can add multiple sounds.

Separate the scenes on the animatic.

Burn in the time code and scene names/number.

Camera moves! They are a real need.

Transitions, because we deal with some editing.

That’s all I can think for now too:)

May 4, 2021 at 11:55 am #3603
    Keymaster

Thanks a lot Wesley! Noted.

May 6, 2021 at 12:08 pm #3608
    Participant

Regarding camera moves, I think it should be illustrated, maybe with some field guide information. Same goes for transitions. If you want to add this kind of stuff to your animatic, I would prefer to use a editing program for that. While the storyboard is developing it could be nice to be able to introduce sound snippets at different locations in the timeline, so I think your right on that. But I would prefer the program to be light and focused on print, in the first place. And to be able to export it as a basic animatic for further development elsewhere.

I would like a beta to be really basic, to be able to get going ASAP.

May 7, 2021 at 9:19 am #3618
    Keymaster

I agree Hans. And what ever we decide to include in Animation Paper, it will not be in this first final release (what will be Animation Paper version 5.0). We need to finish 5.0 which means, finishing what we are already working on, like all the coloring parts of the software and a list of minor things.

But I’m building a list of good ideas for 6.0 and 7.0, and ideas, pros and cons, are good to discuss.

Anyway, thanks a lot!
    Niels

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.