• December 13, 2022 at 3:50 pm #5194
    Questions HereShebun
    Participant

I was working on a MAP WIP and was hoping to get it uploaded to Youtube with the audio neatly attached to the frames. I haven’t had an issue with the audio failing to carry over before.

I checked my own audio settings to see that anything wasn’t muted, that youtube wasn’t muted, that speakers were on, that i really ticked the ‘export with audio’ box etc etc. I made doubly sure that i had the latest possible update, and even tried restarting my laptop. I also tossed out the audio, imported it back in and resettled it to the right timing. Still wouldn’t carry over to the imported mp4. When i play my clip in the program, it gives me the audio sync like i’d expect it to- but for some reason it doesn’t register after exporting.

I was hoping to avoid the trouble of having to sync up the audio with the frames in a video editor, because it was perfectly doable in AP before this occasion. odd.

Though i don’t know if it’s of importance, i’ve now swithched to a hp elitebook with Windows 10 pro, 16gb of memory and 8gb ram, instead of the poor old laptop i had before.

December 13, 2022 at 4:15 pm #5196
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks a lot for this Shebun! This is a bug that we found ourselves some weeks ago. It can even crash AP when exporting in some cases. Sorry about that. We will have it fixed for the next release for sure.

Did you try exporting as MOV? This should work with sound and actually it is the higher quality format that Youtube will accept as well (the file is larger though, so it will require longer upload time – I hope that is fine).

Thanks,
    Niels

December 14, 2022 at 12:56 pm #5197
    Questions HereShebun
    Participant

I did try the MOV, it didn’t carry over anyway.

Luckily it seems that the people who manage the map parts don’t seem to mind the missing audio too much, so it won’t be affecting me too much this time round.

Glad to know that the bug is detected and already listed as a thing to be repaired.

December 15, 2022 at 7:41 pm #5203
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

OK good to know. Thanks a lot Shebun.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags