• February 10, 2022 at 11:55 pm #4301
    Mike StumboMike Stumbo
    Participant

Happy 2022 Niels!,

I know you get a lot of requests, and I know you’re pretty much done with any added work for AP. But after working with TB Harmony, and Maya, I’ve come to appreciate one thing, above everything else! An Studio Library. This would be a place where you can store character poses, expressions, mouth charts and any other assets, ie. foregrounds and background props. Hope this idea gets a nod and maybe even a smile. Cheers!

~ Mike Stumbo

February 11, 2022 at 8:40 am #4303
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks Mike – yeah, I see. And I got the smile! 🙂 I do see more of a need for that with software like Maya and Harmony though, where you are more assets focused, have rigs and scripts and all that. With AP I feel it is more simple, everything is based on drawings. But still – I hear you 🙂

A question: What is holding you back from just creating your library using well organised folders and store ap files with your characters, modelsheets, basic expressions, cycles, etc? Or are you thinking of something more centralised and universal?

If you wanted to copy/paste drawings from one file to another that is totally possible now.

As you probably are already very well aware of, I’m always trying to keep AP simple. Therefore I’m always little reluctant. 😉 But let me know more.

Cheers,
    Niels

February 11, 2022 at 12:29 pm #4311
    Mike StumboMike Stumbo
    Participant

Hey Niels,

Yeah, so what I see in having a library availability is like a window similar to the x sheet or dopesheet, where important assets an animator may want or have need of can be stored. This allows the user to stay just in AP and not have a ton of files opened to different assets. Things like color cards could be stored there, character mouth charts and model sheets. I’m just one of those that hates juggling between apps and folders and plugins and multiple windows opened. I do see where your coming from though, being it’s a traditional animation app, it’s not necessarily needed, but it would be cool!

Cheers,

Mike

February 13, 2022 at 12:16 pm #4319
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Oh, that actually makes great sense to me. Thanks for explaining, Mike! This is noted for great features for future versions.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.