• April 4, 2020 at 8:17 am #1880
    adrienne mioneadrienne mione
    Participant

This is probably just a “coming soon” feature but the ability to change keyboard shortcuts would go a long way to improving workflow.

April 4, 2020 at 11:20 am #1900
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

You are right – it’s a coming soon feature. 🙂

But it doesn’t hurt to learn the shortcuts as they are default. They are really quite cleverly laid out! I did them. Haha 😀

April 4, 2020 at 1:10 pm #1919
    Darren OakesDarren Oakes
    Participant

Appreciate it’s a coming soon feature. I use a lot of different packages for animation and share my keyboard mappings between all of them. Which makes switching between them a lot easier, so a big feature for me. Digicel Flipbook has been my goto for rough animation for years, but doesn’t allow changing hotkeys. It is really intuitive though. This looks like a great alternative so far. Great work Niels, the brush engine is really nice for drawing!

April 4, 2020 at 3:09 pm #1941
    Keymaster

OK, cool. And I totally understand about the keybindings, of course.

April 5, 2020 at 4:00 am #2050
    Steven BowserSteven Bowser
    Participant

I am anticipating the Preferences menu, because I also prefer my settings a certain way, especially on my Wacom Intuos tablet. I also prefer the frame flipping buttons on 1 and 2 keys so I can have my hand hover over the same area as all the other shortcuts rather than moving to find the arrow keys. Thank you!

April 5, 2020 at 9:21 am #2080
    Keymaster

You know what Steven? 🙂 I agree, having alternative keys on the left side is important. And that is why Q and W works exactly like 1 and 2 would do in PAP. 🙂 You’re welcome! 🙂

April 5, 2020 at 12:30 pm #2096
    Ben SmithBen Smith
    Participant

I like the keyboard layout alot. once the preferences enable keyboard alternatives the only thing I will be changing is the keys for zoom and rotate which will be a more Krita type of layout using The space + shift and space + ctrl. This helps my brain to know that all canvas movement is tied to the space bar.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.