• February 3, 2024 at 11:53 am #6397
    Ezekiel MorrisEzekiel Morris
    Participant

I have some suggestions for the audio scroll and autosave that you can add in the next Alpha build.

The Audio Scroll

It would be great if I could hold down the right + left mouse buttons to make the scroll move automatically instead of clicking on the audio to move it up or down.

The Autosave 

An autosave safe message to warn me before saving my AP files, for example, yes to save work or no continue working. if I don’t respond to that message in 3 minutes it will just save the work.

It can be a little bit annoying when you’re in the middle of the drawing and then it starts saving your work when you are in your flow of drawing.

Backup files should have their folder separate from the original AP files.

It would be good to have a warning message to let me know that I’m going to save your work if not then continue working bro.

🙂

Kind regard,

Ezekiel

February 3, 2024 at 7:32 pm #6398
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks a lot for these suggestions Ezekiel.

Interesting. To understand the need better, can I ask you to elaborate more on the Audio Scroll feature? Why do you find it important? Is it because it can take some time to scroll through a longer audio track? Why use the mouse buttons and not, say, some keyboard keys?

The point was to have the autosave as non-intrusive as possible. Ideally undetectable. But I must admit we are not quite there. It must not interrupt your flow by suddenly doing a save. If that is the case for you, we will rethink.

I don’t see a reason for a warning message when it wants to save. Please explain – I am very interested in what you think.

Thanks,
    Niels

February 4, 2024 at 12:27 pm #6399
    Participant

Hi Niels, sorry for the late response to your questions.

Audio Scroll feature

It takes some time to scroll up the audio so I think this will make a lot of difference if you added fast-forward and backward buttons.

Arrow keys can work as well or mouse clicks whatever works to speed up things. 👍

The Autosave

The autosave saves randomly when I’m in the middle of drawing, a save the message could be useful as a quick reminder to save your work but it is just a suggestion if you want to add the save message.

Right now I have it on disabled If  I’m away from my computer then maybe I will leave it enabled either way, I can see a lot of potential in Animation Paper so keep it up guys. :)🤘

All the best,

Ezekiel

February 4, 2024 at 8:35 pm #6400
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

I see! Thanks very much for explaining. Definitely makes sense.

Animation Papers autosave will not keep saving if you leave your computer for a while. It detects if there are activity or not.

February 5, 2024 at 11:39 am #6404
    Participant

Cool man, thanks for letting me know. 😉

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.