• April 4, 2020 at 1:57 am #1869
    Wayne RutherfordWayne Rutherford
    Participant

The cursor is to hard to see and I find it hard to know where I m drawing. Is it possible to change cursor type size or colour?

April 4, 2020 at 3:17 am #1870
    Rodney BakerRodney Baker
    Participant

Wayne,
    I can confirm that experience.
    Initially I had a hard time finding the cursor and thought it wasn’t operating.
    Discovered it was.
    After that on occasion I’d lose the cursor for awhile.

Enjoying the program thus far.
    Nice alpha release and very helpful intro videos!

April 4, 2020 at 9:33 am #1888

Hit , (komma)?
    Toggle Cursor (crosshair/dot)

April 4, 2020 at 10:35 am #1892
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Yeah, I was going to say the same. It toggles between two kinds of cursors. Did that help at all?

The crosshair cursor is transparent on purpose, because some people doesn’t like the cursor to be too obvious/distracting when drawing. But maybe we took it too far? Let me know if you think it should be less transparent.

April 4, 2020 at 11:52 am #1904
    Steve BowmanSteve Bowman
    Participant

The dot cursor is just about ok while you’re actually drawing but I struggle to find it after moving off the drawing area to hit an icon or dropdown menu. I’m having to do a random scribble just to find the cursor.
    Maybe toggle the transparency on the crosshair?

April 4, 2020 at 12:32 pm #1913

I think the minimal cursor dot is very nice!

April 4, 2020 at 6:22 pm #1975
    Eric DuchesnesEric Duchesnes
    Participant

Hi !.. speaking about the cursor when drawing, the shape and the size of the cursor change upon wich tool you’re using :
    when you choose the ” Pencil “, I find that the cursor is too small, not pleasant at all… but when using Marker and Brush, it’s perfect for my taste !.. If we had the same cursor when drawing with the Pencil… there would be no problem any more … that are my thoughts … I hope it helps !.. 😊

April 4, 2020 at 6:38 pm #1978
    Keymaster

Thanks Eric. But it changes according to the size of the drawing-tool (or erasing-tool) you are using. The circle marks the maximum size and the inner part of the crosshair lines marks the minimum. If you use a mouse, that hasn’t got any pressure sensitivity, I understand why the cursor size feels weird.

If you don’t want the cursor that shows the size, you can toggle to the other type of curser, that remains a dot all the time. Shortcut , (comma).

April 4, 2020 at 7:21 pm #1994
    Eric DuchesnesEric Duchesnes
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Niels, that’s all good for me now !

April 5, 2020 at 3:57 am #2049
    Steven BowserSteven Bowser
    Participant

I agree, I would just like if the cursor contrasted more with the white background, because the light grey is hard for me to see on either setting. Thank you!

April 5, 2020 at 9:18 am #2079
    Keymaster

Thanks Steven. Noted!

April 5, 2020 at 11:32 pm #2151

I just press S when i lose my cursor

April 8, 2020 at 7:21 pm #2311
    Tom MartinekTom Martinek
    Participant

+1 on feeling the cursor is hard to find at times.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags