• August 29, 2020 at 2:34 pm #3061
    Georges MauroGeorges Mauro
    Participant

Very first impression in opening the application.
    Very elegant interface, we immediately feel in a pleasant drawing mood.
    Have you experimented in combining / associating / merging X-Sheet and Timeline. I used vertical X-Sheets (on paper) a very long time ago but I feel that in digital environments the horizontal layout is mostly used and therefore feels more intuitive now. Conceptually, the Timeline and the X-Sheet should be together to reflect the relationship between drawings and time. The physical separation and opposite orientation feels counter-productive to me. I would also conform to the standard layout with settings (sequence start/end and working area start/end). Playback control close to Timeline. Current frame display on cursor. Floating windows would be very useful in a multi screen setup as we could have many layers in one screen and keep a full screen for drawing.
    Very impressive work
    Georges

August 30, 2020 at 10:25 am #3067
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks for these comments and thoughts of your Georges! Your views on the x-sheet/timeline is shared by others too, I know. There are pros and cons. For now I’d like to keep it as it is. But we might decide to make these kind of things optional.

Most of your points are things we are planning to do some time already. 🙂 Thanks for letting me know!

Best,
    Niels

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.