• January 31, 2021 at 10:51 am #3478
    Ben SmithBen Smith
    Participant

Hi Neils

I have had a thought that focuses on the shortcut keys for the drawing and erasing tools available in AP.

What if there was one button to activate the brush catergorie and have it cyclic. so 1x push :Pencil , 2x Push :marker, 3x push Paintbrush and same goes with the erasers? the operation would act within a time constraint allowing the user to have the time to push the button extra times to reach the desired option.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Ben Smith. Reason: had more ideas lol
    January 31, 2021 at 3:18 pm #3481
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Ben, thanks for this too!

I am however not convinced how useful this would be? I mean, wouldn’t it always be quicker and easier to just hit one specific key for each tool? I mean, we already have P, M and B, for pencil, marker and brush. They are also copied to the 4, 5 and 6 keys to match the three erasers on 1, 2 and 3.

You are probably also fully aware of D and E for latest drawing or erasing tool. I would think that using D and E, in combination with the above, is more convenient, because you would normally switch much more between one drawing tool and one eraser – not switch between pencil, marker and brush that often while animating.

Also, for the sake of completion, I will mention the shortcut . (period) – that toggles between drawing and erasing, again going back to the latest used drawing and erasing tool.

Please get back to me, if you have further thoughts on this. I am all ears! 😉

Cheers,
    Niels

February 1, 2021 at 11:13 am #3482
    Ben SmithBen Smith
    Participant

Hi Neils!

Ah the period key! Genius!

I had second thoughts posting this suggestion as the pen and eraser operations were already established and have shhortcuts tht you had already agreed on. The period key is a wonderful operation and I look forward to utilising it now.

Thanks again for your amazing Public Relations  and Iwill be praying for an amazing outcome as you continue this exciting and labourous journey lol.

Peace!

February 1, 2021 at 12:10 pm #3485
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thank you Ben!! All the best.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.