• April 26, 2020 at 11:33 pm #2673
    Tamas HorvathTamas Horvath
    Participant

I recently gave up using a graphic pad in favor of a touch screen laptop and (although its not as sensitive as a graphic pad it’s way better to draw directly on screen. But, AP does not seem to support that: I have to click and hold the pen’s button to draw 🙁 Any plans to make it touch screen compatible? Or it’s just a matter of settings that I did not find?

April 27, 2020 at 7:32 am #2680
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

We want to make it touch screen compatible for sure. Apparently we haven’t succeeded yet 🙂 We are working on it.

April 28, 2020 at 12:44 pm #2708
    Pedro AlcantaraPedro Alcantara
    Participant

Tamas,

Did yo try to install wintab drivers????

April 29, 2020 at 10:07 pm #2722
    Artem SavelievArtem Saveliev
    Participant

I was doing it on surface go, and what’s missing is wintab drivers – they are not installed by default by microsoft.
    You can get them for example from this download https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49498 – pick wintab file (32 or 64 bit version, depending on your OS). Don’t worry that this download is for surface 4 – it’s generic software that just sets up stuff needed for older software to work.

After installing it, the alpha started working correctly! The drawing lag is pretty large though (at least on go) – hopefully gets fixed.

Would be nice to have this in installation notes, or to support modern api!

April 29, 2020 at 10:22 pm #2727
    Keymaster

Thanks a lot Artem! (And Pedro!) Hopefully this will help others. And we have something to go by. Cool!

May 1, 2020 at 11:07 pm #2750
    Tamas HorvathTamas Horvath
    Participant

I searched for that wintab driver, but there is no wintab driver available for Lonovo Yoga 530 14IKB (or at least I did not find any), only for the 14ARR… Also, I might be wrong, but the wintab drivers I have seen for other type of laptops support only Wacom pens…? Mine is not a Wacom one, it’s only a Lenovo pen.

May 2, 2020 at 9:07 am #2751
    Keymaster

Thanks Tamas – if I understand it correctly, installing WinTab drivers can actually work for people not even using Wacom. I wish I could help you better and point you to the exact driver.

Anyway, we are working on making Animation Paper recognise more tablets and touch screens out of the box.

May 23, 2020 at 1:47 am #2891
    Paige NicholsPaige Nichols
    Participant

Artem, thank you for the link. I’m using an old Surface Pro with the basic pen that came with it and once I downloaded the wintab driver and then restarted my computer it worked.

July 13, 2020 at 11:44 am #2989
    Michael ScourfieldMichael Scourfield
    Participant

I have just purchased a secondhand mint condition Lenovo MIIX 510 2 in 1 touch screen tablet. Apparently Wintab drivers come preinstalled for this device. As soon as I ticked “let me use my pen as a mouse in some applications” under the windows ink setting then it worked great with AP. No noticeable lag and pressure sensitivity working.

I had one before but I dropped it and the touch screen stopped working. I decided to buy again after seeing this 3 year old review from an artists perspective.

Cheers

Michael

July 14, 2020 at 7:51 pm #2992
    Keymaster

Great! Thanks Michael.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags