• September 3, 2022 at 5:21 pm #4944
    Rebecca StewartRebecca Stewart
    Participant

Hi there,

I want to echo everyone by thanking you for this amazing program! I’m just doing the quickest pencil tests in the world and it’s so much fun!

Am trying to shortcut exporting my coloured (yet greyscale) images in AP. Am exporting to MP4 and getting all these glitches (see pix). Sometimes the program just crashes as I do it. Any ideas? Is my computer too slow? Or should I try just recreating these in iMovie? Many thanks, Rebecca S

September 3, 2022 at 5:29 pm #4958
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Rebecca,

Your post only just now turned up for approval for some weird reason – I see it is many days since you submitted this. I am truly sorry that it took this long. I have no idea what happened.

But to your question! Yeah, as a work-around you could export as mov or a sequence of png’s and use iMovie to convert to mp4 (if that is the format you need it to be in). However, it is of course not meant to do that – it aught to just work without the glitches exporting directly as mp4 from AP. Would you mind sending me your .ap file, so I can try it here and see if I get the same problem? If I do then this will help a lot when we hunt for and fix the issue.

My email is the one you got your activation key from.

Thank you! And once again, very sorry for the delay!
    Niels

September 5, 2022 at 3:29 am #4965
    Participant

Many thanks for your note Niels and no prob at all (I’m still working on these).

Are you able to email me the address? I signed on years ago and can’t find the authentication key email.

September 5, 2022 at 12:27 pm #4966
    Keymaster

My email is niels at animationpaper.com (writing it cryptically so bots will hopefully not find it – probably will though 😀 Anyway)

Cheers,
    Niels

September 8, 2022 at 5:08 pm #4968
    Keymaster

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for sending your files over. I have tried them on two of our test computers. They work on both without failing the export.

It’s funny though! When I play the resulting mp4 videos they look perfectly fine – however, when I scrub the videos (using the native Quicktime player on Mac) I get glitches similar to the ones you got. And when I play again – the glitches are gone.

Strange.

I’m curious, do you get the same? I mean, when playing the mp4’s they look fine, but the glitches happen when scrubbing?

Thanks,
    Niels

September 9, 2022 at 1:46 am #4970
    Participant

Thanks for trying this out Niels – yes I do get the same issue on scrubbing the video as on exporting. Could it be my computer do you think? The only MP4 that works well is the first very short one (Woman). The other one (Sponges) is a tiny bit glitchy on export, and the longer one (Falling) is very glitchy – both on export and scrubbing. I’m on quite a new desktop Mac.

September 9, 2022 at 6:37 am #4971
    Keymaster

I don’t think this has anything to do with your Mac. It must be something in the way we encode the video. We’ll investigate further…

Thanks!
    Niels

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags