• December 3, 2023 at 8:15 am #6168
    Ben CoxBen Cox
    Participant

First off I’d like to say yes I know I’m dumb for losing access to my first one, so I was surprised to see that when I was making a new account I was just able to use the same email. My application is still registered, or more specifically ‘ licensed’ to the old one, and I also just wasn’t receiving recovery emails for my last account. So I guess I was wondering if having an account online that is separate from the one on the program would create future discrepancies like problems for saving my stuff if I switch devices, or losing stuff as a whole. To my knowledge I think even if I use this account in the future on a new device for the actual program, I might be able to switch ownership of the animations if I have their files, yes? (Apologies if this is super obvious)

December 3, 2023 at 11:02 am #6169
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

No worries. If you register again, using the same email, you will get the exact same activation key. So then you have it again.

Also, if you change computers, Animation Paper will let you run on the new one using the same activation key. You can change computers all you want, but the old installs will eventually stop working. So it’s pretty free and easy.

Your account on this website that you use when posting on this forum, is a separate thing and not related at all to your Animation Paper license.

The .ap files you may produce is simply .ap files. No “ownership” or anything. They are fully interchangeable – also between Windows, Mac and Linux versions and even with the iPad and Android versions, when we get them done eventually.

I hope this clears matters up a little. Otherwise let me know 😉

Thanks,
    Niels

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags