• April 7, 2020 at 4:37 am #2242
    Mark BorokMark Borok
    Participant

Hi,

Great program so far, haven’t encountered any bugs yet. Two things that would be nice:

1) when selecting part of a drawing with the lasso, leave the selected image active instead of reverting back to the previous tool as soon as it is stamped down. I often like to take an element, like a character’s head, and stamp it down across several frames so I can quickly get a feel for the timing and arcs. Right now I have to select “Get Last Floating Selection Back”, which slows me down. Pressing the right mouse button or the ESC key would get the user out of this tool.

2) Sometimes I want to trace over a certain frame, as when doing tracebacks or taking a pose and mirroring it. For instance, I might be doing a run cycle and want frame 6 to be based on frame 3 with the arms and legs reversed. It would be nice to be able to select a frame from the bar along the bottom (maybe by right-clicking it) and have that frame be the only one that appears when the light table is turned on. Until it is deselected with another right-click and the standard light table behavior returns. Right now I am going into the light table settings and turning down the opacity on the frames I don’t need to see, which is not the best method.

Thanks, and I’m looking forward to seeing what comes next.

April 7, 2020 at 9:34 am #2249
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thank you for this Mark!

1) Good point, which is already on our todo. So it will be done for one of the next alpha updates. (Two ways of stamping: One as now, and one which keeps the selection)

2) Are you aware that you can mark a drawing as “key” (just hit K when on it) – and then set the lighttable to only show keys. I would guess that this is actually kind of what you are asking. Would that work for you?

April 8, 2020 at 3:20 am #2287
    Mark BorokMark Borok
    Participant

My concern with marking the drawing as a “key” is that all keys would then be visible and that might make it difficult. But maybe that wouldn’t be a problem. I will try it out.

April 8, 2020 at 1:11 pm #2301
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Sure, if you had a lot of drawings marked as key, then it would not work. But I mean, only marking one drawing – the one you want to show up in your light table.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.