• July 7, 2020 at 8:58 pm #2981
    Ilan ElovitzIlan Elovitz
    Participant

I love animation paper. It’s definitely my favorite software for traditional animating.
    Since you have this feedback section, I figured I’d suggest a couple features which are not at all necessary but might be nice to have.

1. rolling drawings
    It would be useful to have a feature where on a button click, one could roll a set number of frames back and forward to see how an action looks, then go back to the current frame.
    You already have return flip, but you have to go back then forward for that and it’s not precise. Also with return flip it always stops on the current frame, so it’s not helpful if I’m working on inbetweens. I’d love to be able to just preview a set of frames while working on one of the middle ones really quickly, to check how I’m doing, then go right back to drawing.

2. timing clones
    It might be nice to have a feature where as the animation is playing, it adds clones, so you can work out timing between keys easily. You would hit play and it would start adding clones at whatever fps you’re set to, then you hit stop and it stops adding.

You’re doing great work on Animation Paper, adding far more important features than these. I just thought I’d add my two cents.
    Thanks!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Ilan Elovitz.
    July 7, 2020 at 10:11 pm #2983
    Ilan ElovitzIlan Elovitz
    Participant

Not a new feature, but to add to my feedback. The key-frame icon is really hard to see. It hides among the drawing below it. Maybe a different color or some kind of border would be more clear.

July 14, 2020 at 7:59 pm #2993
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Ilan,

Sorry for my slow answer! I have been away for a short vacation 🙂

Your two points are really good and very interesting. Definitely worth contemplating. Can I get back to you for an even more detailed explanation of your rolling drawings suggestion at some point?

I’ll make sure to make the key frame icon more clear. Thanks a lot!

All the best,
    Niels

July 20, 2020 at 7:00 pm #3015
    Ilan ElovitzIlan Elovitz
    Participant

Thank you so much! Take as long as you want to answer.

I don’t often get to interact with the creators of the software I use, so this is a special treat.

July 21, 2020 at 12:06 pm #3017
    Keymaster

😀 Haha thanks 🙂

January 11, 2021 at 12:42 am #3412
    Greg ErcolanoGreg Ercolano
    Participant

I too was going to suggest the frame scrubbing feature, thought I’d add my thoughts to this thread:

In a program I worked on, while the user held a key down, just waving the pen back and forth (without pressing down on the stylus) would roll the frames; right or down movement == forward, left or up movement == reverse, and on release, would return to the frame you were on before scrubbing.

This really is great for productivity when repeating the common paper process of (a) rolling a few drawings, (b) dropping in a line, (c) repeat..

January 11, 2021 at 6:49 pm #3418
    Keymaster

I totally agree Greg! We already have exactly what you describe on our todo list. 😉

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.